Recruit Results 5

GrandGreen

Not much going on but South Grand Prairie had a disappointing lost to Coppel 34-51, Trey Norris led SGP with 10

Casper CC closed out the 2010 schedule with a win over Northwest College 70-59 and a lost to Sheridan 67-78

Brandon Walton through 14 games is the leading scorer for Casper at 13.7 with 4.5 rb and 1.9 asts.

Eastland(13-0) beat Hico (11-2) with Robinson held to 8 points, 53-42.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1

Casper CC closed out the 2010 schedule with a win over Northwest College 70-59 and a lost to Sheridan 67-78

Brandon Walton through 14 games is the leading scorer for Casper at 13.7 with 4.5 rb and 1.9 asts.

I was thumbing through his stats...NJCAA has him as 55 of 239 from the field, or 23%...thought this was terrible until I saw what I'm assuming has to be a typo...a 2 for 89 shooting performance in his last game. That would've made Sports Center. Assuming the worst, say that should've read 2 for 9, that puts him at 55 for 159 from the field, or 35%...still not exceptional.

What I do like about Walton's numbers is that he appears to get to the line quite a bit...about 4.5 FT attempts per game.

Based on what numbers I've seen, it appears that Walton is a viewed by JJ as an experienced insurance policy at both guard spots. Walton ran the point well at Casper his freshman year...and is proving to be a more than capable scorer this year. I think you'll see at least 1 more guard thrown in the mix with one of the remaining scholarships and he, Alzee, Walton, Norris and Chris Jones will battle for PT at the 1 and 2.

at least 1 more guard thrown in the mix with one of the remaining scholarships and he, Alzee, Walton, Norris and Chris Jones will battle for PT at the 1 and 2.

Very young yet very promising group to go along with what I would guess to be Jordan Williams starting at the three, Hogans starting at the four, and a mystery man to be named later starting at the five. At least I would hope that Hogans will be at the four instead of the five. Hope we hear something in regard to a big guy soon, unless of course we think Knox is ready to be promoted to main man status down low next season dry.gif .

Too bad Mr. Morgan decided not to follow his father and get some PT, instead of opting to go somewhere where he looks to be stuck in twelve minute per game land (at best) for the duration. Don't see him passing up the guys ahead of him at Baylor since most of them will likely be back for his Senior year in '11. Dennis may fare a bit better since he is only a Soph, but if early PT means anything to him, he should have followed his bro to Denton.

http://espn.go.com/m...39/baylor-bears

Edited by foutsrouts