Nick Quartaro

GabeGMG

Rumor about what? He has okay background but he was fired at Kansas before the offense really took off (i.e. he wasn't there for Ressing and Orange Bowl seasons). As a position coach he wouldn't be bad.

A rumor that he is our most recent addition to the coaching staff.

Thanks for the lead Gabe--- his Iowa connections make him a distinct possibility in my book.

No problem Harry. I also made a post about it on the private forum. Looks like he resigned back in 2006 to pursue non coaching opportunities but maybe now is looking to get back into it. I also have found that he's friends with Mccarney on facebook...ha. Maybe he'll be the QB or TE coach?

No problem Harry. I also made a post about it on the private forum. Looks like he resigned back in 2006 to pursue non coaching opportunities but maybe now is looking to get back into it. I also have found that he's friends with Mccarney on facebook...ha. Maybe he'll be the QB or TE coach?

At his initial press conference McCarney said Canales would coach the QB's but I'm sure that could change.

He definitely resigned under pressure. He was the OC at Kansas. During that period the defense was pretty good but the offense wasn't getting the job done. Mangino was getting close to getting fired so they made a change at OC. The new coordinator came in the offense set all types of school records. Not sure how much was Q's fault (his last year KU started 3 different QB's and the new OC got Todd Ressing). But again, he's not going to be OC so play calling isn't an issue.

At his initial press conference McCarney said Canales would coach the QB's but I'm sure that could change.

I certainly hope this doesn't change. Didn't anyone notice how much better Riley Dodge played under the unfettered coaching of Coach Canales?

I noticed in his WiKi bio that Quartaro was a kicker in college. Maybe he's going to be in charge of the kickers?

I certainly hope this doesn't change. Didn't anyone notice how much better Riley Dodge played under the unfettered coaching of Coach Canales?

I noticed in his WiKi bio that Quartaro was a kicker in college. Maybe he's going to be in charge of the kickers?

He coach WRs under McCarney, maybe he will be doing that agin, although that would make it difficult for Conroy Hines. Maybe this is another Chuck Peterson debacle.

"I know the guy has been college assistant coach of of the year as an offensive coordinator and qbs coach but I want to make him a safeties coach because he was a defensive back 20+ years ago"