Tcu

buff64

They will want to add multiple teams to get to 12. I'd expect them to go after Houston to get that market. It's going to come down to us and SMUt for the Dallas market.

If that were the case, adding us keeps them in Ft. Worth for their TV network. As annoying as SMU fans have become over the past year, I'm not convinced that two average football seasons are as much of a slam dunk as they seem to think. We still have more success than them this decade in both major sports, and we cast a far larger net.

They will want to add multiple teams to get to 12. I'd expect them to go after Houston to get that market. It's going to come down to us and SMUt for the Dallas market.

they may decide that houston/dfw are out of their footprint. i would expect utah state to get serious consideration, as well as utep. san jose st., idaho, and mnsu are sol. hope i am wrong. the loss of both smu,houston,or utep opens up 2 slots in cusa west, which is where i want north texas to be.

I wouldn't think that DFW is too far out. It is one of the largest markets in the country. The PAC 10 wanted to be in Texas, the Big East, which is as far East as you can go, wanted TCU. Im sure the MWC would love to be back in Texas. Having a DFW and a Houston team gives you exposure in two of the largest markets, and one of those is the nation's 4th largest city.

I believe they want to be at least 12 teams. Houston will probably get an invite based on their recent success. They reached #5 last season. Between us and SMUt, I think we have everything they would want. All we need to do is start winning in FB, and add a baseball team, which is as I understand, on the way. Our women's BB team getting back to where it used to be wouldn't hurt.

I wouldn't think that DFW is too far out. It is one of the largest markets in the country. The PAC 10 wanted to be in Texas, the Big East, which is as far East as you can go, wanted TCU. Im sure the MWC would love to be back in Texas. Having a DFW and a Houston team gives you exposure in two of the largest markets, and one of those is the nation's 4th largest city.

I believe they want to be at least 12 teams. Houston will probably get an invite based on their recent success. They reached #5 last season. Between us and SMUt, I think we have everything they would want. All we need to do is start winning in FB, and add a baseball team, which is as I understand, on the way. Our women's BB team getting back to where it used to be wouldn't hurt.

hope you are right. however, with smu's experience in wac, would they move to mwc if invited?

Do they play baseball in the WAC? Would this be a good move for us? Just looking for some opinions.

With the departure of Fresno, Nevada and Hawaii, the WAC is left with four baseball teams, which doesn't even constitute a conference. I guess BYU would make 5, but it's still not a conference. Of the remaining teams, San Jose is the only one that has any post season experience in recent memory.

The MWC isn't fairing a lot better, but Fresno and Nevada will add some zip to an otherwise lackluster schedule. The loss of TCU baseball is pretty devastating to the conference as far a quality goes. The conference is losing two and gaining two to maintain a seven-team conference. Of interest is that because there are so few baseball teams, unlike other conferences, the Mountain West plays a home and home with each conference team each year.

Hmmm. I would think if Houston went, they'd go for sure. But maybe they wouldn't percieve it as a step up anymore? That's a good question, any of our SMU lurkers care to answer?

I don't see SMU tied to Houston's fate. If TCU and BYU were still in the MWC, I would see SMU leaping at the chance. With no private schools in the conference, I'm not sure that SMU is even invited. If they are, there's not really a lot to drag them away from CUSA.

I don't see SMU tied to Houston's fate. If TCU and BYU were still in the MWC, I would see SMU leaping at the chance. With no private schools in the conference, I'm not sure that SMU is even invited. If they are, there's not really a lot to drag them away from CUSA.

I was reading some the the Ponyfans board and they appeared to want to go to MWC as an upgrade from CUSA. But reading the MWC board, they don't think SMU or Houston would WANT to come to the New MWC since it is basically the old WAC.

It is also a little funny that every single post from a UTEP fan tells the MWC folks UTEP wants to be with the other Texas schools and NOT in the MWC, but the MWC fans just keep carrying on about how UTEP will come back instantly if asked. That part appears to be a lot like the WAC people who are convinced NT wants to be in the WAC even now and can't imagine we would not.