If Sbc Soccer Tourney Started Today

Mean Green Matt

I figured out these seeds mostly because of my own OCD about knowing how things are shaping up, but figured I would share my findings. As usual, the "official" SBC standings are incorrect, and do not incorporate the tiebreakers. These seeds are as if the SBC Soccer Tournament started today, with all tiebreakers taken into account. Each team has 3 games remaining. The number in subscript is the UNT result vs. that team this season.

Qualified Teams

#1. Denver (NP)........................................8-0 SBC

#2. Middle Tennessee (OT Loss 2-1, Away).....6-2 SBC

#3. Western Kentucky (Loss 1-0, Away).........6-2 SBC

#4. North Texas......................................6-2 SBC

#5. Florida International (Win 2-1, Home).......5-3 SBC

#6. Troy (Win 3-1, Away)..............................4-4 SBC

#7. Florida Atlantic (Win 5-0, Home)..............3-5 SBC

#8. Louisiana-Lafayette (Win 4-0, Home)........3-5 SBC

Eliminated:

#9. Arkansas State (NP)...........................3-5 SBC

#10. Arkansas Little-Rock (NP).................2-6 SBC

#11. South Alabama (Win 2-0, Away)............2-6 SBC

#12. Louisiana-Monroe (Win 4-0, Home)........0-8 SBC

Points of Interest: UNT is in a three-way tie for second place with WKU and MTSU, but loses any tiebreaker with either, or any combination of those two teams. WKU and MTSU still must play each other, so one of those teams will end with at least 3 losses. UNT should finish at 9-3 worst case scenario if it loses away to #21 Denver in the last game of the year. If UNT can beat Denver, the Mean Green are guaranteed no less than the #3 seed in the tournament. I'll update these seeds after the next round of games on Thursday.

• Upvote 4

Updated Standings! Denver has clinched the regular season title, and #1 seed.

These stadings are updated through the tonight's action (10/21). North Texas disappointingly tied with UALR 1-1. We should have picked up a win tonight. The good news is that WKU lost to Troy, so we moved up to 3rd place. It is of the utmost importance to be on the other side of the tourney bracket from Denver, and right now we are doing just that. Two games left for each team.

The teams in green moved up in the standings. The teams in red moved down in the standings. The crossed out team is eliminated from postseason contention. The underlined teams have clinched a spot in the tournament. The * denotes that Denver has clinched the regular season title.

Qualified Teams

#1. Denver* (NP)................................................................9-0 SBC

#2. Middle Tennessee (OT Loss 2-1, Away).....................7-2 SBC

#3. North Texas...............................................6-2-1 SBC

#4. Florida International (Win 2-1, Home)........................6-3 SBC

#5. Western Kentucky (Loss 1-0, Away).........................6-3 SBC

#6. Troy (Win 3-1, Away)......................................................5-4 SBC

#7. Florida Atlantic (Win 5-0, Home).................................4-5 SBC

#8. Louisiana-Lafayette (Win 4-0, Home)........................3-6 SBC

Eliminated:

#9. Arkansas State (NP)................................................3-6 SBC

#10. Arkansas Little-Rock (2OT Tie 1-1, Away)..............2-6-1 SBC

#11. South Alabama (Win 2-0, Away)..............................2-7 SBC

#12. Louisiana-Monroe (Win 4-0, Home).........................0-9 SBC

Points of Interest: With that tie, UNT can no longer win the conference, as 8 wins is the most UNT can muster. Either Middle Tennessee or WKU will end with at least one more loss. Because we have the tie now, we need to root for MTSU in that game (assuming they don't lose before then). If UNT loses to Denver, and WKU beats MTSU, the #4 seed is the best UNT can do. Also, we must hope for an FIU tie or loss in the remaining two games to get the #3 seed, unless we defeat #21 Denver.

Edited by Mean Green Matt

Louisiana-Lafeyette just knocked off FIU 2-1, which is HUGE for UNT as far as seedings go. UNT is currently tied at the half with ASU, who is fighting for a spot in the tournament. If we can pull out the win, we will likely end up with the #3 seed in the tournament. Updated standings will be posted later.

Matt... Did you get your FC Dallas playoff tickets yet? Mine came in the mail yesterday along with my shared Dallas Stars tickets. Oh, happy days!

I got an e-mail saying that they were sent, but the address FCD has is my parents house, so I don't know if they have arrived yet. Should be a fun game!

I got an e-mail saying that they were sent, but the address FCD has is my parents house, so I don't know if they have arrived yet. Should be a fun game!

Don't forget that you get extra free tickets to give away. And the club level will be open tonight for the Galaxy game. It's free.

Updated Standings (through 10/24).

The Mean Green win today, paired with losses by FIU and WKU has guaranteed the Mean Green no less than the #3 seed, and the opposite side of the bracket from Denver. Also, the 8 teams that will compete in the SBC tournament have been set. Current #8 seed ULL holds tiebreaks over the only two teams that could catch them, so they have clinched the last spot in the tournament. No one moved up or down in the top 8 today, but with spots #4 and #5 tied, as well as #6 and #7 tied, the final day of action will be significant. Denver had a scare today playing at UALR, winning 3-2 in OT.

Underlined teams have clinched a tournament spot. Teams whose name is struck through have been eliminated. Teams in blue are locked into their seed and cannot move up or down. The * denotes that Denver has clinched the regular season title. One game remains in the regular season.

Qualified Teams

#1. Denver* (NP)................................................................10-0 SBC

#2. Middle Tennessee (OT Loss 2-1, Away).....................8-2 SBC

#3. North Texas...............................................7-2-1 SBC

#4. Florida International (Win 2-1, Home)........................6-4 SBC

#5. Western Kentucky (Loss 1-0, Away).........................6-4 SBC

#6. Troy (Win 3-1, Away)......................................................5-5 SBC

#7. Florida Atlantic (Win 5-0, Home).................................5-5 SBC

#8. Louisiana-Lafayette (Win 4-0, Home)........................4-6 SBC

Eliminated:

#9. Arkansas State (Win 2-0, Home)...............................3-7 SBC

#10. South Alabama (Win 2-0, Away)..............................3-7 SBC

#11. Arkansas Little-Rock (2OT Tie 1-1, Away)..............2-7-1 SBC

#12. Louisiana-Monroe (Win 4-0, Home).........................0-10 SBC

Points of Interest: UNT will either receive the #2 seed or the #3 seed in the tournament, depending upon the results this Friday. That means the first round opponent will be either the #6 seed, or the #7 seed. Which means our oppenent could be WKU, Troy, or FAU. Things will clear up on Friday. Go Mean Green!

Edited by Mean Green Matt

Updated Standings (through 10/24).

The Mean Green win today, paired with losses by FIU and WKU has guaranteed the Mean Green no less than the #3 seed, and the opposite side of the bracket from Denver. Also, the 8 teams that will compete in the SBC tournament have been set. Current #8 seed ULL holds tiebreaks over the only two teams that could catch them, so they have clinched the last spot in the tournament. No one moved up or down in the top 8 today, but with spots #4 and #5 tied, as well as #6 and #7 tied, the final day of action will be significant. Denver had a scare today playing at UALR, winning 3-2 in OT.

Underlined teams have clinched a tournament spot. Teams whose name is struck through have been eliminated. Teams in blue are locked into their seed and cannot move up or down. The * denotes that Denver has clinched the regular season title. One game remains in the regular season.

Qualified Teams

#1. Denver* (NP)................................................................10-0 SBC

#2. Middle Tennessee (OT Loss 2-1, Away).....................8-2 SBC

#3. North Texas...............................................7-2-1 SBC

#4. Florida International (Win 2-1, Home)........................6-4 SBC

#5. Western Kentucky (Loss 1-0, Away).........................6-4 SBC

#6. Troy (Win 3-1, Away)......................................................5-5 SBC

#7. Florida Atlantic (Win 5-0, Home).................................5-5 SBC

#8. Louisiana-Lafayette (Win 4-0, Home)........................4-6 SBC

Eliminated:

#9. Arkansas State (Win 2-0, Home)...............................3-7 SBC

#10. South Alabama (Win 2-0, Away)..............................3-7 SBC

#11. Arkansas Little-Rock (2OT Tie 1-1, Away)..............2-7-1 SBC

#12. Louisiana-Monroe (Win 4-0, Home).........................0-10 SBC

Points of Interest: UNT will either receive the #2 seed or the #3 seed in the tournament, depending upon the results this Friday. That means the first round opponent will be either the #6 seed, or the #7 seed. Which means our oppenent could be WKU, Troy, or FAU. Things will clear up on Friday. Go Mean Green!

Nice that we will be on opposite half of the draw from Denver.