Lost Football

UNTflyer

I'm sitting here watching Baylor destroy St Mary's and wishing I was watching Tennessee and Ohio State when the doorbell rings. Kid next door said his football was in my backyard. I said "OK, let me get it for you." I go out back and find his football. As I pick it up and turn it over, I see the SOW logo and "Mean Green" on the side.

biggrin.gif

• Upvote 2

I'm sitting here watching Baylor destroy St Mary's and wishing I was watching Tennessee and Ohio State when the doorbell rings. Kid next door said his football was in my backyard. I said "OK, let me get it for you." I go out back and find his football. As I pick it up and turn it over, I see the SOW logo and "Mean Green" on the side.

biggrin.gif

This is exactly what I hate about watching these games on CBS. This Baylor game is obviously over, yet we have to sit here and watch it while we have an upset (small at that) in the making in the other game, far closer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I go out back and find his football. As I pick it up and turn it over, I see the SOW logo and "Mean Green" on the side.

biggrin.gif

Sounds like we already have an edge on recruiting him. Is the kid any good and what position does he play, although he is probably 12 right? B)

Edited by NT80

Sounds like we already have an edge on recruiting him. Is the kid any good and what position does he play, although he is probably 12 right? cool.gif

He's 10, I think. But they are Iranian and the kids are all about soccer. It's usually a soccer ball that ends up in my yard.

This is exactly what I hate about watching these games on CBS. This Baylor game is obviously over, yet we have to sit here and watch it while we have an upset (small at that) in the making in the other game, far closer.

It all depends, I remember when NT played North Carolina in NT's first NCAA tournament that a lot of the game was not shown were more interesting and closer played games could be shown. Nothing worse than watching your favorite team and having several minutes long periods not televised. I actually think they are doing a much better job of that now showing most of the scheduled games and breaking away at time outs. Of course, the scheduled time-outs were not part of the game back in the day.

It all depends, I remember when NT played North Carolina in NT's first NCAA tournament that a lot of the game was not shown were more interesting and closer played games could be shown. Nothing worse than watching your favorite team and having several minutes long periods not televised. I actually think they are doing a much better job of that now showing most of the scheduled games and breaking away at time outs. Of course, the scheduled time-outs were not part of the game back in the day.

ESPN had the first several rounds of the tournament back then. God how I miss those days.

When I worked with him back around 1980 I thought he said he was Iranian but I have been wrong so many times I lost count. Iseed is a great guy and deserving of being in our hall of fame.

So deserving that he is already in the NT HOF. Has all time longest field goal as well as being a great soccer player.

Well, the Bible does call Darius "righteous", so I'll give you one on that. Will you be at the open scrimmage again this year? It won't be exactly my birthday this year, but close enough to have a cake.

Thanks for the info Euless. I was a kid back then so I stand corrected. That article was very good. I was one of those kids that got involved with soccer. Telmo Franco saw me playing tennis at Nettie Schultz park and had me kick for him and put me on his team. One night the doorbell rang and it was Telmo and Iseed. Mr Franco asked my Dad if he had a job for Iseed and my Dad put him to work as an electrician and of course I worked for Dad as well and got to work with Iseed everyday for a couple of summers in Denton.