The New Wr Coach Is....

gangrene

Fine by me. Experience looks good. If he can relate to the WR's and get them focused and the staff, we might just have a winner here! Glad to see things getting done before spring practice.

Edited by KRAM1

The LA Tech coaches site lists Rob Likens as the assistant HFC and WR's coach. When Sonny Dykes

was hired as the new HFC, Dykes cleaned house. Conroy Hines has been at LA Tech the past 16 years.

Hines bio lists his wife is a math instructor at Tech. Will she leave her job?

I was fired up about Peterson being hired with his background and experience. I liked John Pont

from North Alabama, learning under Terry Bowden, but Bowen hired his brother, Jeff, to take over

the WR's. Both candidates were out of work. Maybe these are candidates that have only interviewed.

If it's true, I like it. It gives us an even deeper in to recruiting the Pelican State. You add him to what we're already getting out of Gandy and we'll give every non-AQ school from here to Boca Raton a run for their money on players in the Gulf Coast region. You can go ahead and stick that in the bank as well, Pied Pipers.

The LA Tech coaches site lists Rob Likens as the assistant HFC and WR's coach. When Sonny Dykes

was hired as the new HFC, Dykes cleaned house. Conroy Hines has been at LA Tech the past 16 years.

Hines bio lists his wife is a math instructor at Tech. Will she leave her job?

I was fired up about Peterson being hired with his background and experience. I liked John Pont

from North Alabama, learning under Terry Bowden, but Bowen hired his brother, Jeff, to take over

the WR's. Both candidates were out of work. Maybe these are candidates that have only interviewed.

Actually, Conroy Hines resigned on December 19, 2009, prior to Dooley's departure/Dykes being hired. He cited a desire to "pursue other career opportunities" although he didn't elaborate. Being a La Tech alum, the La Tech fans seemed to like him for the most part.

La Tech thread on our hire.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74560

dawg1992

Re: Interesting coaching move

he didn't leave on his own...

Dwayne From Minden

Re: Interesting coaching move

And he was great at guiding the players through their classes and he was one of the main reason's those team's had such a HIGH graduation rate...

Forget what he did on the sidelines, what he did with them in the classroom was his greatest work while on our staff -

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

If it's true, I like it. It gives us an even deeper in to recruiting the Pelican State. You add him to what we're already getting out of Gandy and we'll give every non-AQ school from here to Boca Raton a run for their money on players in the Gulf Coast region. You can go ahead and stick that in the bank as well, Pied Pipers.

If TFLF likes it, I am in.