Info From Leaches Lawsuit Against Tt

OldTimer

Updated: January 16, 2010, 10:25 AM ET

Suit alleges phone calls by James' fatherComment Email Print Share ESPN.com news services

Former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach, in a lawsuit filed against the school last week, alleges that wide receiver Adam James stormed out of the athletic offices yelling an expletive and slammed the outer door to the coaches' office so hard that it split and came off its hinges, causing approximately $1,100 in damage.

The alleged confrontation with the coaches took place after Leach and assistant coach Lincoln Riley had informed James that he was being demoted to third string.

Leach

The lawsuit, filed on Jan. 8, also details conversations and messages Leach alleges ESPN college football analyst (and Adam James' father) Craig James had or left with Texas Tech coaches about his son.

Leach was fired Dec. 30, just days before Texas Tech played in the Valero Alamo Bowl, after the family of Adam James said Leach mistreated the player after he suffered a concussion, including placing him in a dark room by himself during practice. Leach had been suspended by the university the week prior to the game.

Among the details alleged in the lawsuit:

• In September, Craig James called assistant coach Tommy McVay "to tell him, in effect, that you coaches are crazy and you're screwing my kid."

James

• The same day that he made the call to McVay, Craig James left a message for Riley "stating, in effect, 'You don't know what you're doing. Adam James is the best player at the wide receiver position. ... If you've got the [blank] to call me back, and I don't think you do, call me back.' "

• During practices before the Valero Alamo Bowl, Adam James "told Coach [bennie] Wylie that Wylie didn't know what he was doing and James' effort was just fine."

• Adam James "voluntarily placed himself into the electrical closet and apparently took pictures with his phone camera."

• Texas Tech president Guy Bailey advised Leach that he thought school chancellor Kent Hance was going to try to "railroad" Leach, because of a business relationship between James and Hance.

This one is going to be fun to watch. USAToday is reporting Hance's reply, "Mike Leach's latest petition contains a number of false statements. I want to make something clear. I do not have and never have had a business relationship with Craig James."

Get you popcorn ready, this one is going to be fun to watch!

And, you are so sure that Leach is 100% truthful in his comments and legal petitions? I really don't care one way or the other, but it is interesting to me that folks who have no connection to TT, no relationship with any party involved, etc., etc. are so very sure who is right and who is wrong in this case. Because Leach turned TT into a winner does not make him wrong or right, nor does the fact that James played for SMU...which seems to be the basis for some folks "hate relationship" with him.

One thing is 100% certain...this will drag out for a long time and there will be plenty of lawyers who get paid well for dragging it out as long as they can, and in the end, there will probably be a settlement in which neither side admits to any wrongdoing. In between, it will be "no holds barred, and really fun to watch because I have absolutely no dog in this fight.

And, you are so sure that Leach is 100% truthful in his comments and legal petitions? I really don't care one way or the other, but it is interesting to me that folks who have no connection to TT, no relationship with any party involved, etc., etc. are so very sure who is right and who is wrong in this case. Because Leach turned TT into a winner does not make him wrong or right, nor does the fact that James played for SMU...which seems to be the basis for some folks "hate relationship" with him.

One thing is 100% certain...this will drag out for a long time and there will be plenty of lawyers who get paid well for dragging it out as long as they can, and in the end, there will probably be a settlement in which neither side admits to any wrongdoing. In between, it will be "no holds barred, and really fun to watch because I have absolutely no dog in this fight.

...except to let all of us know (for the umpteenth time) that you are the only one on this board that sees things in a balanced and rational way. :rolleyes:

I am not saying all of what Leach has to say is correct. But I know several that have coached Adam in select baseball since he was 10yrs old and his dad has been this way all of the Adam's life. Calling coaches to complain about playing time. It is about time that Adam grew up.

Holy F*&%Ng S&^T. We agree on something.

I don't know who I hate more Leach, or Tech.