Mg Premium

houstonmeangreen

If you are signed up for MG Premium, are you having issues with the service....I have signed up previously and it was ....well...."crap". Was down, go blank and just show spinning MG logo, poor quality....junk to say the least. Anyway, would like to watch the MTSU game and was wondering if it was any better than the last few years.....anyone?

I had pretty much given up on MG Premium in seasons past, but I decided to give it another try with the Ohio game. I was actually pretty impressed. It was not like watching it on TV, but it was light years ahead of what it used to be. Maybe my connection's faster than it used to be, I dunno. But I imagine I'll be using it again this season.

I posted this in the TV thread yesterday

I need to give kudos to the Mean Green Premium site. The last couple of years the video was spotty at best and it would buffer a lot. I really think that they got their act together. For Ohio I logged on expecting it not to work or have major issues. But I didn't have one problem.

It loaded first time flawlessly, never buffered and the audio with George and Hank was always in sync. I even think the video is much improved. I had it full screen on my 22 inch monitor and it was very solid. To me definitely worth the $10 bucks a month. Oh yeah, I was also watching over my wireless network.

I would highly recommend using MGP for the games.

Wow, I just re-read my post and it kind of comes across that I'm a plant for MGP trying to get more people to sign up.

Haha. Well since I'm poor, it's my own cheap way of contributing to NT.

Patrick

Now I don't have the fastest computer in the world, but it's good. I was also using Firefox. My computer is fast, but doesn't have tons of memory. And like I said it was over wireless. Granted I'm using Draft N wireless so that's faster than "G", but still wireless.

I've usually have good sucess with MG Premium even though my PC is 5 years old. I connect by wire into my DSL modem. I have talked to others who were watching it with problems while mine was fine. If I do have problems I just reload a couple of times and it seems to fix it. I'm sure the PC and connection plays a big part. I think it is worth the $9.95 per month.

There are problems especially if you have a slower computer. However, $10 a month is not a whole lot to risk. My biggest complaint last year was that they had many events mostly girls basketball on their schedule which they did not show. This is a big problem because you never know whether it is actually on or that you have a computer problem with the connection. It is very infuriating to spend time trying to figure out a problem only to find out the event is not broadcasted.