"sit Down?!?!?!?"

BIG DAWG

Here's an idea: do away with assigned seating for those who feel strongly one way or the other about this, and set aside a section large enough to accommodate them all. Then, bring in a drill sergeant (I'm thinking we could borrow one from the AFROTC) to arrange everyone by (1) preference of standing or sitting, then (2) by height. Everyone's happy, and feels like they've been "drilled".

I watch games at the stadium like I watch em at home. I sit until something exciting happens. People who stand the whole time are feigning true knowledgeable support. A&M aint cool because they stand the whole time and neither are you.

If you know the game it is apparent when its time to stand and when its time to not block the other guy's vision. The team is more effected by your volume than your height in the stands.

I also do not understand this need to stand for all, or even most, of a game. That was not the case for me on the press box side of Fouts last SAT night, but I have been to games (as at UT) where those on the front row refuse to sit down and therefore everyone behind them has no choice if they want to see. Maybe I wouldn't think it so bad if I did not have degenerative joint disease, which makes it almost impossible for me to stand for 2 or 3 hours; but standing in one place is even harder than walking for me. It may or may not be related that I am more the analyzing type of fan than one who yells an opinion about every play and hisses every call that goes against 'my' team. But it's hard to see how to make special sections for the calm sitters as opposed to the wild standers. So maybe we just have to concede that sports are really more for the latter.