What I'm Excited About From Week 1

MeanGreenHoops

- Real Speed at QB (When Riley was pressured he easily escaped it) and WR (Jamaal Jackson has wheels)

- Offensive Line Play by Gill and Drake was dominating

- Playmakers on Defense in Royce Hill and Craig Robertson

- Freshman punter off to great start

- Kickoff Coverage was very good

- Cam is a stud

- D-Line got some pressure and penetration

What about ya'll?

I enjoyed seeing us play good defense. We haven't seen that for quite a while.

I enjoyed seeing our special teams look pretty good. We haven't seen that for quite a while.

I enjoyed seeing us run the ball. We haven't seen that for quite a while.

Those things give me hope for the future. I haven't had that for quite a while.

- Real Speed at QB (When Riley was pressured he easily escaped it) and WR (Jamaal Jackson has wheels)

- Offensive Line Play by Gill and Drake was dominating

- Playmakers on Defense in Royce Hill and Craig Robertson

- Freshman punter off to great start

- Kickoff Coverage was very good

- Cam is a stud

- D-Line got some pressure and penetration

What about ya'll?

On top of that, we didn't even get to see BJ Lewis, who was out with an injury, and Darius Carey is just now learning the ropes. Get those two rolling and the opposing DB's won't know who to focus on!!

Avoiding things I've already said:

I can't wait to see Carey and Lewis get going.

Cam runs so hard. <3

I agree about Drake and Gill. They really complete the OL

I like the tempo Riley puts into this offense.

One thing that hasn't been touched re: Riley...

I was really impressed with his arm on the run. Most guys seem to lose accuracy and/or zip once they roll out or improv, but I don't see that at all with him.

Royce is a beast. I hope he gets those 6 points back somewhere down the line, and I believe he will.

Did Mosely get any touches? I don't recall, and will watch the replay. I think his downhill running is great, and am confused why we don't see more of him.

I'm encouraged that Riley plays like a junior but is only a freshman. He spread the ball around to like 10 different receivers and next year we get two more receivers sitting out that would probably be starters this season! The new freshman punter averaged 47 yards on 3 punts, outstanding!

Ira Smith was every bit as impressive as Royce. Always had lockdown coverage on the posts, including a great play on BSU's last possession.

Cam and Lance were just a two-headed monster. Looked a lot like Galbraith/Cobbs in 2002.

Power running AND a swarming D at North Texas ? Who'd a thunk ? It's like the last 4 years never happened.

Wet blankets:

AK-47-at-DE was major fail, at least for Game 1. Never was a factor in the BSU backfield, and was offside twice (plus 1 facemask). It looked like BSU had gameplanned him though, since they had many rolling pockets to his side , which in effect would neutralize his speed.

While Roberson did have a few important possession-type grabs, he did quit a play near the goal line. Again. Probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway, but the lack of effort did visibly frustrate Riley a bit (just as it did Gio last year). Hopefully a confidence issue doesn't develop.