Your 1st Place Texas Rangers

Since when do the rangers get into the Hall of Fame? This will have to go in under a different team, despite gaining its fame as a Rangers thread.

To be fair, #42 - that old second baseman we have honored in the outfield - was a great player here for years.

Question. Is season head to head record ever used as a tie breaker for anything playoff related in baseball? It seems they always just have a one game playoff.

I think the 163rd game is the next step if the teams head-to-head is tied...but don't hold me to that.

Toronto is shopping Roy Halladay...would ya? He's under contract through 2011 and due about $23 mil over that period. He turned 32 in May, so he has another 3-5 years of premier pitching left in him barring injury. He would be prospect costly...I know my Red Sox are interested and talks up here are that it would cost 2 of our 3 top pitching prospects (Buccholz, Bowden or Bard...all AAA or major leaguers) and probably at least 2 position player prospects like Lars Anderson or Josh Reddick. Its heavy, but I can promise you few would balk to add another ace.

Lets take the money out of the equation. Roy Halladay for a guarenteed year and a half...with that time to hammer out an extention...in exchange for: Neftali Feliz, Blake Beavan, Julio Borbon, Max Ramirez and Marcus Lemmon.

Smoak stays, Michael Main stays, Martin Perez stays, Kasey Kiker stays, Derek Holland stays. Your rotation for the rest of the season is: Halladay, Millwood, Padilla, Feldman, pick 'em.

Plus...Anaheim doesn't add Halladay...b/c they're also rumored to be in the market and have plenty of prospects to offer.

What say you?

"I do Feliz, Salty, Beltre and Main, Ross or Kiker in a heartbeat. I’ll throw in a Poveda or something too … maybe take Barajas back in the deal to help with our C depth.

I don’t move Smoak or Holland or Perez … because I don’t think you have to …… I don’t think the above deal can be matched by anyone else."

A comment from a reader of that article. I agree with the principle that he states here, although I'm still in favor of giving this thing one more year to develop.

Give it another year and have Halliday, that works for me.... We are not going to get another shot and a guy of this caliber

Saw a stat on him during last night's broadcast which showed him to be a much better pitcher pre-all star break than he is after. Just sayin

I am having a hard time thinking that Hicks Co. is going to add a significant salary the rest of the way this season, no matter how great Halladay is. That is why I hate Hicks so f'ing much. This crap would not fly in a real baseball market like NY, StL, Chicago, and LA....Pleading poverty when you are in the middle of the playoff race is oh so weak.

I know that JD and Nolan are saying they will look at anything that will make the club better, then take it to Hicks. I do hope there is a few extra million sitting around the 41 million dollar manor that Tom lives in to get a top of the rotation type starter. However, when Hicks says before the season that the 2010 payroll will be 20-25% lower than '09, I have a hard time believing that he would make a Halladay type move. Now, if he has a buyer in place that is alright with inflating the payroll next season, then that could be a different story. Problem is the sale of the team could stretch out over into next season.

Personally I would give Toronto a load of good prospects for a guy that can make you a title contender. I know that the organization has stuck to their plan and have built a great system, but what is a deep farm system if you can't use that as an asset to make your big roster better? I know a lot of people who are preaching stand pat and wait for the magical season of 2010....but I got news for ya pal....nothing in baseball is promised, an injury or 3 could completely de-rail a season and to assume that everything will be peaches and herb next season is just naive.

So yeah, I would love Doc Halladay, but I have a hard time imagining that Hicksy would do something good for the ranger fan.

Now lets go take 3 of 4 before the break....and UNT90 needs to stay awake....brew some coffee because this will be a fun series.

I am having a hard time thinking that Hicks Co. is going to add a significant salary the rest of the way this season, no matter how great Halladay is. That is why I hate Hicks so f'ing much. This crap would not fly in a real baseball market like NY, StL, Chicago, and LA....Pleading poverty when you are in the middle of the playoff race is oh so weak.

I know that JD and Nolan are saying they will look at anything that will make the club better, then take it to Hicks. I do hope there is a few extra million sitting around the 41 million dollar manor that Tom lives in to get a top of the rotation type starter. However, when Hicks says before the season that the 2010 payroll will be 20-25% lower than '09, I have a hard time believing that he would make a Halladay type move. Now, if he has a buyer in place that is alright with inflating the payroll next season, then that could be a different story. Problem is the sale of the team could stretch out over into next season.

Personally I would give Toronto a load of good prospects for a guy that can make you a title contender. I know that the organization has stuck to their plan and have built a great system, but what is a deep farm system if you can't use that as an asset to make your big roster better? I know a lot of people who are preaching stand pat and wait for the magical season of 2010....but I got news for ya pal....nothing in baseball is promised, an injury or 3 could completely de-rail a season and to assume that everything will be peaches and herb next season is just naive.

So yeah, I would love Doc Halladay, but I have a hard time imagining that Hicksy would do something good for the ranger fan.

Now lets go take 3 of 4 before the break....and UNT90 needs to stay awake....brew some coffee because this will be a fun series.

Good stuff, for sure.

Someone should give you a radio show

Good stuff, for sure.

Someone should give you a radio show

I'd prefer to see a former player - maybe an big league reliever who likes talking sports. Who wants to listen to someone who never played the game?