Smu Season Tickets

untjim1995

Interesting pricing for their season tickets--6 games. I am not sure if you also have to donate first to get these prices or if this is the all-in-one price for their tickets. It would seem to be the latter, but here goes:

Stadium Club $1100/seat

Mustang Club Sideline $280/seat

Sideline Reserved West $150/seat

Sideline Reserved East $120/seat

Family Section $72/seat

End Zone Reserved $72/seat

I wonder if they are giving a discount for the last two seating options for season-ticket buyers versus just paying at the time you walk up. Anyway, it all interests me because if we get our new stadium, what will our prices be? Will the majority of fans pay a much higher price to come there and watch SBC games?

I wonder if they are giving a discount for the last two seating options for season-ticket buyers versus just paying at the time you walk up. Anyway, it all interests me because if we get our new stadium, what will our prices be? Will the majority of fans pay a much higher price to come there and watch SBC games?

Yes, I would pay more for a quality facility. I would also pay more for quality opponents, like with Navy. The next step after the stadium must be to upgrade our opponents and hopefully conference.

It will definitely be interesting to see what effect this new stadium has on season ticket sales. My guess is not much after the first year shock wears off. Coupled with higher ticket prices and we very well could see a decline overall......that is, if our team doesn't start winning games.

Winning is what cures our ills....all the rest just helps us keep from turning off the curious casual fans by being able to offer a better in-game atmosphere.

Yes, I would pay more for a quality facility. I would also pay more for quality opponents, like with Navy. The next step after the stadium must be to upgrade our opponents and hopefully conference.

That's the second piece of this stadium project. We're all under the impression that Fouts has kept us from being able to draw better name opponents to Denton. It will be interesting to watch how the first 5 or so years in the new stadium pan out in this regard.

I'd personally pay more to watch a better class of opponent and don't give a dang about the facility. That said, b/c we're all operating under the belief that the new stadium will help us upgrade our level of competition, I'm definitely on board with building it.

Edited by TIgreen01

That's the second piece of this stadium project. We're all under the impression that Fouts has kept us from being able to draw better name opponents to Denton. It will be interesting to watch how the first 5 or so years in the new stadium pan out in this regard.

I'd personally pay more to watch a better class of opponent and don't give a dang about the facility. That said, b/c we're all operating under the belief that the new stadium will help us upgrade our level of competition, I'm definitely on board with building it.

JerryWorld, Smut, and TCU will take away some of the opponents we'd like to bring to Denton. Many Big 12 schools are already booked for games in the DFW area as well as other good opponents: OU, LSU, BYU, Arkansas, Navy, Texas Tech, Baylor, A&M, UT, Washington St., Virginia. Many programs like to recruit in Texas and DFW so it makes sense would should be able to lure a few of these once we have a new facility. I'd push for some not-so-common ones to come here: Iowa, Cal, Arizona, Louisville, Miss State, Kentucky, Boise, etc.

JerryWorld, Smut, and TCU will take away some of the opponents we'd like to bring to Denton. Many Big 12 schools are already booked for games in the DFW area as well as other good opponents: OU, LSU, BYU, Arkansas, Navy, Texas Tech, Baylor, A&M, UT, Washington St., Virginia. Many programs like to recruit in Texas and DFW so it makes sense would should be able to lure a few of these once we have a new facility. I'd push for some not-so-common ones to come here: Iowa, Cal, Arizona, Louisville, Miss State, Kentucky, Boise, etc.

It is a proven that quality opponents want metroplex exposure, and they know they won't get it in Denton. The A.D. and others must come to the realization that at least one home game per year be played in the metroplex be it the Cotton Bowl, Jerry's World or any other venue that gives exposure that neither we nor our opponent can get in Denton. There is a reason that our largest crowd ever was at Texas Stadium. Look at the great Hayden Fry's schedules--he knew that the program could not thrive with Denton alone--SMU, Miss State, OK State, U of H were games he lured to Texas Stadium that would not have given a game in Denton even a consideration. Metroplex exposure is the only way this program can grow and prosper.

Winning might actually work better.

Sure winning cures all, I won't argue the obvious, but if you are a top 25 team would you rather come to Denton or DFW to play even when we were winning? I am saying if you get the chance for a marque game, play it where you get the most exposure. As long as the program is underfunded w/o a dedicated, competitive athletic fee and we have uninspired athletes that look for an exit rather than gutting it up and competing then the bunker mentality of staying in little d sells best. If you want to be all that you can be, you first fund it with a fee that can let you compete, schedule teams that draw both from the DFW area alumni base and the visitor's alumni base, and you play such games in a venue that gives maximum exposure which I assure you is not little d.

Heres my Question. SMU increases their tickets to make the team better. UNT would be increasing ticket prices to pay for the new stadium. Doesn't everyone think it would be better to have the money go for upgrades? Tons of money is pumped into SMU football, and a one win season is in order.

Heres my Question. SMU increases their tickets to make the team better. UNT would be increasing ticket prices to pay for the new stadium. Doesn't everyone think it would be better to have the money go for upgrades? Tons of money is pumped into SMU football, and a one win season is in order.

The rest of C-USA had better look over their shoulder 'cause the 'stangs have the leadership and the $$$ to fund a D-1 program and are closing the gap quickly. By the time we play them in 2014, we will be 1-AA or worse the way we fund athletics with a $3. student use fee!!!