New Orleans Game Thursday

KRAM1

Sorry, but I am with the folks who thought it "strange" that over 2/3 of the scholar athletes left after being recognized at half-time. Heck, most didn't even show up until right before half. This is starnge, and all the "they have to study" stuff is just plain making excuses. I recall my days (yes, I can remember that far back) as an undergrad at UNT. I had tests and exams, papers to do, a part-time job of 30+ hours per week, campus activities, clubs, fraternity and, believe it or not a girlfriend or two that "took up" a bit of time...and I maintained a 3.85 GPA. AND, i do not recall missing a UNT basketball or football home game in my four undergrad years. That is said to just emphasize that students (especially decent students as all these were last night) "find a way to do things they see as "important". The overall student population at UNT, at the moment, simply places very little importance on supporting their athletic teams. I found it odd that other athletes did not stay to support their fellow athletes last evening. Too bad, they missed a good game. My thanks go out to the members of the Pit Crew who made the game and cheered as they always do. Way to go PIT CREW!

It was a nice game, and, yes, some folks will complain that the end was again "messy"...so what, the game was "in hand", and the win is in the books. OK, I would like to see UNT keep the pressure up and not get sloppy at the end, but I am not going to complain about last night's victory. Payback to UNO for earlier in the season. Payback is good in this case!

On another positive note, I got to meet fellow GMG.com poster Green59. That was a treat, as it is whenever I get to meet fellow GMG.com members. Put an extra positive note for me on a nice evening supporting the Mean Green.

Do not want to close without saying CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE SCHOLAR ATHLETES RECOGNIZED LAST EVENING. And, a side note to SUMG...yes, there were too soccer players recognized! :rolleyes:

Good things are happening with the MEAN GREEN. Go Mean Green!

3.85...I bet I "no" what t"he" B's were in :)

I had a 4.0. Because I am awesome.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually got a "C" in a freshman history course (hardest course of any kind I have ever had) and a "C" in Trig my sophomore year as I recall. I am VERY proud of both those "C's". I worked my tail off to get them. My hat's off to you if you had a 4.0 as an undergrad.

Actually got a "C" in a freshman history course (hardest course of any kind I have ever had) and a "C" in Trig my sophomore year as I recall. I am VERY proud of both those "C's". I worked my tail off to get them. My hat's off to you if you had a 4.0 as an undergrad.

Thanks - I think it means nothing, but I really did. In all seriousness, congrats on yours as well.

I mean, now look at us, living the dream.

Edited by Quoner

Myself and at least one friend will be there.

Hoping for a big crowd.

No excuses on the long drive either. I work SE of downtown Dallas, and I'm still able to get up there for a 7 PM tip.

Here's a hint: If you hear about a wreck or just bad traffic on 35E in the south Denton/Corinth area, you can exit Swisher road (FM 2181) and take a left. It curves around and comes right back to 35E at Loop 288. I've saved quite a bit of time going that way if traffic is bad.

Congrats on making it to the game.

Congrats also to Collin Mangrum's family for driving from Howe to Denton for the last two years, even when they know their son won't be playing.