Snyder Taking His Old Job Back

Green Dozer

Seriously. This is a really strange decision by all parties involved.

I agree. On his part, what does he have to prove, his legacy has been established. And K-State is not the most glamorous program, but it did not have to settle for a Ron Prince I don't think. I just don't know if Snyder can work his magic a second time. Not that he is starting from scratch but only Neb was real strong in his first year at Kstate. If you remember, OU was having post Switzer adjustments. Now, Neb is down, but everybody else including in state rival Kansas have pretty strong programs going. Call it luck the first time, but Snyder is a great coach, and did the best rebuilding project ever in college football. He was just a horse or two short of a national title. It just does not seem to be the same after a coach leaves, then comes back.

I agree. On his part, what does he have to prove, his legacy has been established. And K-State is not the most glamorous program, but it did not have to settle for a Ron Prince I don't think. I just don't know if Snyder can work his magic a second time. Not that he is starting from scratch but only Neb was real strong in his first year at Kstate. If you remember, OU was having post Switzer adjustments. Now, Neb is down, but everybody else including in state rival Kansas have pretty strong programs going. Call it luck the first time, but Snyder is a great coach, and did the best rebuilding project ever in college football. He was just a horse or two short of a national title. It just does not seem to be the same after a coach leaves, then comes back.

Problem is, Snyder now doesn't have the same recruiting advantages he had there with the ability to fly recruits into Manhattan on a private jet. My understanding is they can't do it anymore. He will have a challenge with recruits making the long drive from KC/wherever to get there, and vice versa.

Problem is, Snyder now doesn't have the same recruiting advantages he had there with the ability to fly recruits into Manhattan on a private jet. My understanding is they can't do it anymore. He will have a challenge with recruits making the long drive from KC/wherever to get there, and vice versa.

Its kind of like being in a relationship where you had some really great times, maybe you were college sweethearts. You grew up together. You became the people you are in part because of one another. But ultimately you never took the next step, for whatever reason. So you both go your seperate ways.

You're with another woman for a while and its fun. It isnt great but it isnt bad. Its just good. You have some good times and a couple shaky ones before you realize its just too blah to continue.

So now that you're lonely, you start thinking about what used to be. Man, things were really good back then. I mean, it was you and old college girl versus the world! So you call her up. You start talking about the way it was and neither of you can figure out where things went wrong. You agree to give it another go. And then 6 months into the deal, you remember why you both went seperate ways in the first. It isnt as great as you remember it because you're different people now. You need different things.

And then you're back to where you were. Except the legacy of the relationship is now tarnished. This is where K-State is headed.

Edited by Eagle1855

They will be just fine. They have only dropped recently because they had an inept coach. Snyder will bring back more talent, especially from the jucos. The thing is that only Mizzou is really doing well up north. They need to get back to beating KU in games and for recruits--this could happen. They start beating Colorado, Nebraska, and Iowa State up north, they will be bowling again. Sure, they may not get back to the top of the Big XII again, but they can get back to bowling. That alone brings in enough money to justify the change.