A Report From Murfreesboro

letsgiveacheer

I just returned to the hotel after watching the MTSU game. First, it was very cold!! There were not too many fans there from either side. From NT, I would guess about 25 and most of them left during the 3rd quarter.

The MTSU fans, as usual, were very cordial. I am staying at the Doubletree Hotel here and all the employees, housekeepers, etc are in MTSU t-shirts!

Our tent was in a new location and it took me quite some time to find it. Plenty of beer on hand which is always welcome.

You know the outcome of the game already. I will leave the analysis to those more knowledgeable than me, but I feel really bad for our young men to have such a season. All I can say after watching the game is that I am reminded of Rod Rust and his 0-11 season in 1972. I hope something changes soon.

I just returned to the hotel after watching the MTSU game. First, it was very cold!! There were not too many fans there from either side. From NT, I would guess about 25 and most of them left during the 3rd quarter.

The MTSU fans, as usual, were very cordial. I am staying at the Doubletree Hotel here and all the employees, housekeepers, etc are in MTSU t-shirts!

Our tent was in a new location and it took me quite some time to find it. Plenty of beer on hand which is always welcome.

You know the outcome of the game already. I will leave the analysis to those more knowledgeable than me, but I feel really bad for our young men to have such a season. All I can say after watching the game is that I am reminded of Rod Rust and his 0-11 season in 1972. I hope something changes soon.

Actually it was 1-10, but I get your drift. And in that year, the difference between 1-10 and 4-7 was 10 points.

Defense is so fundamentally unsound. Poor tackling on defense and on special teams. They just don't wrap up and bring the fire each and every down.

Offensive fumbles by Wr and RB in the first Quarter hurt. Too many dropped passes cause the offense not to convert big downs. And then the fourth and inches on the goaline. Dodge's offensive line was whipped most of the night. As soon as Gio caught the snap he was almost getting hit after dropping just two steps. When he did have some time he hit the receiver. Casey was really the only Wr to get any kind of separation. Casey had a great game but dropped one great throw on a 4th down that would have given UNT another score.

Special teams are composed mostly of LB's and DB's, they can't tackle.

Dodge did not use the Hamilton player much.

Biggest issues of the night were poor tackling and poor pass defense early on.

I was surprised to see zero NT fans at our tailgate area. Usually we have many. We would have loved to host you, to pay back what your fans do for us in Denton.

Best of luck in the future. It has got to be tough to handle.

One thing we at MT have been fortunate about, is that we have never had a terrible season. We are most always in the 4-7 win range. Thing is, we cannot get over the hump.

Keep your chins up, and good luck in hoops. It can only get better.

Like I said on the SBC board, the SBC cannot be a strong conference without a strong North Texas.

Edited by KAjunRaider

I was surprised to see zero NT fans at our tailgate area. Usually we have many. We would have loved to host you, to pay back what your fans do for us in Denton.

Best of luck in the future. It has got to be tough to handle.

One thing we at MT have been fortunate about, is that we have never had a terrible season. We are most always in the 4-7 win range. Thing is, we cannot get over the hump.

Keep your chins up, and good luck in hoops. It can only get better.

Like I said on the SBC board, the SBC cannot be a strong conference without a strong North Texas.

Thanks for the encouragement... If you'll be at the basketball tournament, stop by and let us know.