Cupboard Isn't Bare After All

MeanGreen61

"At the beginning of last season, UNT had a former national rushing champion in Jamario Thomas, a second-team all-conference defensive end in Jeremiah Chapman, an honorable mention all-conference safety in Aaron Weathers and seven other returning starters from a defense that allowed just 25.3 points a game."--Vito

Which isn't bad, until you consider that that same returning offense could only score about 12.8 points per game. Oops. I forgot. They weren't put in position to succeed.

"At the beginning of last season, UNT had a former national rushing champion in Jamario Thomas, a second-team all-conference defensive end in Jeremiah Chapman, an honorable mention all-conference safety in Aaron Weathers and seven other returning starters from a defense that allowed just 25.3 points a game."--Vito

Which isn't bad, until you consider that that same returning offense could only score about 12.8 points per game. Oops. I forgot. They weren't put in position to succeed.

--Some people want to ignore the truth......even if it is true.

Reminds of a well known quote from a movie with Jack Nicholson: "You can't handle the truth".

I can't speak for everyone, but I think the defending Dickey side of the Dodge debate is more to show that things aren't much better under the new guy, not that Dickey was a misunderstood genius savant. The guys who should be somewhere laughing this season should be the other candidates passed over for the job, not DD and RF. They had their turn.

I can't speak for everyone, but I think the defending Dickey side of the Dodge debate is more to show that things aren't much better under the new guy, not that Dickey was a misunderstood genius savant. The guys who should be somewhere laughing this season should be the other candidates passed over for the job, not DD and RF. They had their turn.

Well put. When I reference Dickey's results, it's not to say that he should still be here. It's either to get people to appreciate what he did well while it was happening or to point out that the current situation isn't any better.

I hear you baby, loud and clear. No, I totally agree. I'm not defending TD--or Dickey for that matter. Just that it's same song, different verse, as we (most of us) can see. :(

EDIT--We need to fix the PROBLEM. Does that fit here?

Edited by LongJim