Feedback On Game From Rice Side

owl40

From a Rice Fan to the UNT fans at the game…

- UNT can move the ball. Rice could not stop them.

- UNT players quit today. There was intensity at the beginning. You could see/feel it. Once they got down two scores after the first fumble on special teams, they mailed it in. That is most concerning to me if you are UNT fan

- Give Rice some credit. They did have ~350 yards of offense against Texas and scored more points against a ranked Vandy team than anyone else so far this year and put up ~400 yards on them. Rice's offense is a Top 25 national offense. Unfortunately their D and Special Teams are bottom 25.

- Rice had not played four quarters of ball this year. They finally put it together for the first 3 quarters and then they mailed it in after game was in hand.

- UNT has some talent on the field. I was disappointed w/ their lack of discipline as they got frustrated w/ the cheap shots.

- UNT QB was on-the-money and solid player until he got hit a few times and then seemed to lose his rhythm. Fitzgerald is a good player.

- Takeaway all the turnovers that started the snowball of momentum and it is not miles away from an evenly matched game where last team to have the ball wins.

- Will be interesting to see how UNT players and coaches respond this week for the rest of season. One thing to lose badly to LSU, K-State, etc. but obviously another to lose like that to Rice. Hope they have some resolve. I was on the field after the game and it did not seem like they were as mad and/or disappointed as they should be. Saw alot of UNT guys laughing and joking around, talking to Rice players, etc..

Good luck as you get into the Sunbelt. We will be following you. Would be interested in views from UNT board after seeing us and seeing Tulsa on whether you would be surprised to see the Owls pull the upset on them. Lots of hatred in Houston for what the Todd Graham did to Rice by leaving them at the alter after saying he wanted to get married 24-hours before bolting to Tulsa. Owls not mad that he bolted but how he did it was really classless.

Hey Owl40, we're just kinda stunned here. I guess I could be a better fan, but left for a dance party with wife and mother-in-law after listening to the first half on the radio here in Euless. The only irony to me is that I think that if Rice could claw itself up to the point where it is now, there's no reason UNT can't. Excuses maybe, reasons no.

From a Rice Fan to the UNT fans at the game…

- UNT can move the ball. Rice could not stop them.

- UNT players quit today. There was intensity at the beginning. You could see/feel it. Once they got down two scores after the first fumble on special teams, they mailed it in. That is most concerning to me if you are UNT fan

- Give Rice some credit. They did have ~350 yards of offense against Texas and scored more points against a ranked Vandy team than anyone else so far this year and put up ~400 yards on them. Rice's offense is a Top 25 national offense. Unfortunately their D and Special Teams are bottom 25.

- Rice had not played four quarters of ball this year. They finally put it together for the first 3 quarters and then they mailed it in after game was in hand.

- UNT has some talent on the field. I was disappointed w/ their lack of discipline as they got frustrated w/ the cheap shots.

- UNT QB was on-the-money and solid player until he got hit a few times and then seemed to lose his rhythm. Fitzgerald is a good player.

- Takeaway all the turnovers that started the snowball of momentum and it is not miles away from an evenly matched game where last team to have the ball wins.

- Will be interesting to see how UNT players and coaches respond this week for the rest of season. One thing to lose badly to LSU, K-State, etc. but obviously another to lose like that to Rice. Hope they have some resolve. I was on the field after the game and it did not seem like they were as mad and/or disappointed as they should be. Saw alot of UNT guys laughing and joking around, talking to Rice players, etc..

Good luck as you get into the Sunbelt. We will be following you. Would be interested in views from UNT board after seeing us and seeing Tulsa on whether you would be surprised to see the Owls pull the upset on them. Lots of hatred in Houston for what the Todd Graham did to Rice by leaving them at the alter after saying he wanted to get married 24-hours before bolting to Tulsa. Owls not mad that he bolted but how he did it was really classless.

You sir are a class act. I think I love you.

That being said...... I think your boys are in serious trouble with Tulsa.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I appreciated your fair analysis of the game. Our offense had a little fire early but our defense never did. I think that the offense felt that they had to score everytime that they were on the field and maybe put too much pressure on themselves. I agree that once they fell behind 35-20, it was all over and they gave up.

Our team is just too young and, in many cases, not well coached to compete with teams with winning records. I doubt that we'll see much improvement the rest of this season. We can't blame it all on lack of talent or inexperience. SMU has more freshmen playing than we do and they played you a closer game. We're still a little puzzled about the poor performance, especially when we had two weeks to prepare.

Sorry, but I don't really think that you can beat Tulsa. I know that you'd like to beat Graham in the worst way but he has a comparable offense to yours with a better defense and special teams. You never know, though. We were way too conservative when we played them and they took advantage of that.

We wish you luck.

-- Will be interesting to see how UNT players and coaches respond this week for the rest of season. One thing to lose badly to LSU, K-State, etc. but obviously another to lose like that to Rice. Hope they have some resolve. I was on the field after the game and it did not seem like they were as mad and/or disappointed as they should be. Saw alot of UNT guys laughing and joking around, talking to Rice players, etc..

First - why would our team being quiting only down two scores? That is a HUGE concern.

Second - I was laughing at the end of the game too. :lol:

I have some of the "football players" in class and they act all cocky like they are good. How about not give up and try and win a game and earn your scholarship. They ought to be pissed after getting the @sses beat and not goofing around.

I have some of the "football players" in class and they act all cocky like they are good. How about not give up and try and win a game and earn your scholarship. They ought to be pissed after getting the @sses beat and not goofing around.

I'd call them on it next time you see them in class. I think I've got a couple football players in one of my classes, but I don't know who they are.

I'm curious as to how coaches "sold" this game to the players. I'm thinking there may be something there, what with this being the "last game everybody expects us to lose before we finally get to play in conference games".

Also note that owls do not have claws, but rather talons, as do eagles...hmm...

I'm curious as to how coaches "sold" this game to the players. I'm thinking there may be something there, what with this being the "last game everybody expects us to lose before we finally get to play in conference games".

Also note that owls do not have claws, but rather talons, as do eagles...hmm...

Rice and Tulsa should be a very interesting matchup. I would give an edge to Tulsa. But, we only lost by 30 to T-L-U-S-A...

If we could just get Tom Hicks to get some freakin pitching in here, we might be able to complete...I mean our offense is ok...

kill me...

Edited by SHOSS