Why I Don't Respect The Sec

oldguystudent

In the SBC we don't play each team every year. Remember when MTSU and UNT were co-champs? A title game would have put that to rest.

We were co-champions but we did play everyone. The league tie breaker went to us for the Bowl obviously. When Troy was entering the league not everyone played everyone for a year(maybe 2?), but that was a quirk of scheduling because of the new member and college schedules are typically made so far in advance.

I mean it's up to the individual conferences to decide who the "Bowl rep" is - which is basically the true champion. But if a league wants to award co-championships, that's their perogative. *shrug*

Edited by CMJ

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Big East everyone plays everyone, no championship game.

Those two conference shouldn't have a Championship game IMHO because everyone plays everyone. It's already determined on the field. The Big 10's rotating schedule does not, so I have no problem with them having a title game. But for any league where all the schools play each other, it has already been decided.

I mean should the Sunbelt have a title game?

I agree with what you are saying. The one problem that the Championship games create in my opinion is that let's say the Big 12 championship game consists of undefeated OU this year and a one or two loss Missouri team. Since OU is undefeated and will walk into the BCS championship game, should they really have to play another game to prove they are the best in the Big 12? In all reality, making this play this game potentially could be detrimental to the Big 12. In this senario, Missou is not going to play for the NC, but by beating an already undefeated OU team, they would then knock OU out of the NC game. OU would have already proved they were the best in the Big 12 by going undefeated.

I agree with what you are saying. The one problem that the Championship games create in my opinion is that let's say the Big 12 championship game consists of undefeated OU this year and a one or two loss Missouri team. Since OU is undefeated and will walk into the BCS championship game, should they really have to play another game to prove they are the best in the Big 12? In all reality, making this play this game potentially could be detrimental to the Big 12. In this senario, Missou is not going to play for the NC, but by beating an already undefeated OU team, they would then knock OU out of the NC game. OU would have already proved they were the best in the Big 12 by going undefeated.

But if OU hadn't played Missouri, how can you be sure an undefeated Oklahoma is better than a 1 loss Missouri.