Unt-lsu

UNTflyer

"If you look at the track of the storm, Dallas may not be the best place to go because the storm looks like it could head in that directon," Alleva said. "The same is true of Shreveport. I think at this point, the safest place to go to play the game would probably be Atlanta."

-LSU athletic director Joe Alleva

I can't tell you how close to the truth you are with this statement.

One page over, we have this thread just longer.

No shocker here. The minute it was posted earlier today that Atlanta was a choice, it made sense. The hurricane is going to either LA or TX, with Atlanta being safe. Besides, that is SEC country.

I can't tell you how close to the truth you are with this statement.

No shocker here. The minute it was posted earlier today that Atlanta was a choice, it made sense. The hurricane is going to either LA or TX, with Atlanta being safe. Besides, that is SEC country. That is a win/win situation for LSU. They get to play their game and they get to please their alums there in Atlanta.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Where was this announced? Can't find it on the LSU athletics website.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!

WWL the news radio channel out of New Orleans reported it this morning. They said school officials determined that Ike's path would not effect Louisiana in a way that would warrent moving the games, and the damages done to Tiger Stadium by Gustav will be repaired in time.

WWL the news radio channel out of New Orleans reported it this morning. They said school officials determined that Ike's path would not effect Louisiana in a way that would warrent moving the games, and the damages done to Tiger Stadium by Gustav will be repaired in time.

Is this on TV?

Dodge may have jumped the announcement. LSU may have planned to keep the game in BR but of course the IKE has already changed looks to move closer to TEX/LA line.

Yeah this afternoon I saw where LSU has to now clear it with the state government to see if they think BR is ready to host the game. Which I have to say honestly there are some spots that are not ready, hell one of the main drags in Br still does not have working traffic lights.

If hits around the border then the game could be safely played in the Superdome I would imagine and since New Orleans lifted their curfew yesterday they should be more then ready to host it!

I will keep my ear to the ground tommorrow and as soon as I hear conformation I will post it here for y'all!!!

If the game is in BR and y'all are having trouble finding hotels in the city try the cities of Denham Springs and Walker, these are 10 -15 min east of BR on I-12; Hammond which is about 30 min east of BR on I-12!

Yeah this afternoon I saw where LSU has to now clear it with the state government to see if they think BR is ready to host the game. Which I have to say honestly there are some spots that are not ready, hell one of the main drags in Br still does not have working traffic lights.

If hits around the border then the game could be safely played in the Superdome I would imagine and since New Orleans lifted their curfew yesterday they should be more then ready to host it!

I will keep my ear to the ground tommorrow and as soon as I hear conformation I will post it here for y'all!!!

If the game is in BR and y'all are having trouble finding hotels in the city try the cities of Denham Springs and Walker, these are 10 -15 min east of BR on I-12; Hammond which is about 30 min east of BR on I-12!

Thanks for coming over here and keeping us in the loop