Usu

NM Green

Just got back from the UNLV game where I felt like I was watching Dickey ball West. There were some eerie similarities:

1. playing all the way to 3rd down sometimes 4 to get 10 yards.

2. wide open receivers with shocking drops maybe because they just don't get to taste the ball very often

3. the dreaded 5.5 minute drive with 8 minutes left in the game when down by 17

4. a drive to the 1.5 yard line with a 5 yard false start penalty - they were able to get the TD with 4 downs

5. USU ran 70 plays and scored 17 points

I never wish Darrell Dickey anything but best wishes and am thankful for our 4 bowl games and experiences down in soon to be Gustav country, but we are headed in the right direction with TD. Prince has built a wicked defense in Manhattan and we simply couldn't get anything going. We won't see that again until Baton Rouge, but I am confident we will grow our offense in the coming weeks and be competitive in the Belt. This Sun Belt is tough despite the hard knocks today (kudos Arky State - that was my upset pick on that poll). We may not go bowling this year, but we are going to have some fun moments this year - be there to enjoy the ride!

topple tulsa!

GMG

P.S. - I walked around the good contigent of USU fans in Sam Boyd tonight with my toothpaste green North Texas shirt - was waiting for someone to tell me to take him back.

Exactly...even though they weren't playing a team near the caliber of K-State.

However, it does get old that anytime we lose, we immediately run over and compare ourselves to Utah State. I mean, does anyone else do this?

It's over people. Darrell Dickey is gone. Give it a rest. Bury it. It doesn't matter what Utah State does, he still got us four conference titles and our first ever bowl win, no matter how his tenure ended. Just get over it.

Exactly...even though they weren't playing a team near the caliber of K-State.

However, it does get old that anytime we lose, we immediately run over and compare ourselves to Utah State. I mean, does anyone else do this?

It's over people. Darrell Dickey is gone. Give it a rest. Bury it. It doesn't matter what Utah State does, he still got us four conference titles and our first ever bowl win, no matter how his tenure ended. Just get over it.

Hell must be freezing over, because I actually agree with everything TFLF said in his post.

Who cares what DD is doing? I don't. I hope he produces another National Rushing Champion and his team wins 11 games. It has no effect on North Texas and what it does.

Darn we need a win.

I was in no way wishing for the glory years of DD? I happen to see the Utah State Aggies in person and noticed how similar they looked to the program I followed to New Orleans for 4 years in a row. He has the running back and qb and play that looked a lot like us a few years back. I wish him and the aggies nothing but good in the wac - will they win, who knows - will we win, who knows - its just a game of football after all.

beat down tulsa!

GMG