Gomeangreen.com Blog: Offense Heading Into K-state

Harry

Nice write up, Harry.

I don't know what to think about the OL. The season will certainly begin and end with their play. I'm optimistic that with another year playing in this offense, that we will start to see a bit more consistency. Size and depth are a concern, for sure. Huge.

Not worried about the skill positions. Never seen UNT this loaded at QB/WR. I'm not sure I can remember a more talented MG team at the skills?

Guest GrayEagleOne

I thought that it was a very nice writeup too.

In spite of the loss of Jamario Thomas, the skill positions are a true strength, especially if the OL holds up. I was not concerned at all when I thought that a healthy Kelvin Drake would be returning. In fact, I thought that the top 10 would provide more strength and depth than we've had in several years, maybe even to the Fry years. I thought that Drake, Menard, Santiago, Rose, Bailey, Hollivay, Jenkins, Jackson, Franklin and Feeley all brought something to the table that would make this line a real strength. Then, Franklin was put on the defensive line because there was a greater need there. Not to worry, Gill developed into a top replacement. But, so far, Jenkins has not rounded into shape, Drake may not recover this season, and Feeley has spent some time on the injured list. They're still a good group but not near as strong as I hoped. We're just going to have to go with the hand that's dealt us.

I agree that if Drake is going to miss more than one game that he be given a medical redshirt. However, I'm very concerned that if an ankle injury hasn't healed in ten months, it may never heal well enough for play at this level.