Drc: Dodge Debut, Take Two

NT80

Guest GrayEagleOne

Lots of talk about Mosely and Cam as well as Lance Dunbar but what about the other RB we recruited? I think he is from Arlington. Big kid. Had a nickname like "crusher". Will he figure into the rotation or is he perhaps being groomed to play another position?

I would think that this will be a redshirt year for Jeremi Mathis. I see him as a Cam Montgomery close except that he may be a tad faster. If he sees the field this year it will probably be on special teams.

Really surprised me that Coach Dodge said defenses at the college level were a lot faster than he had expected, especially at the cornerback position. I would think that from his experience as a coach and as a player on the college level that he would know the difference.

That surprised me too. Maybe he had been at the high school level so long he forgot the speed at this level on defense. I think now he knows to recruit more speed.

Ten questions- My take on these 10 questions.

1. Defense better, heck yes, 2 names, Gray DeLoach and Carlton Buckles

2. Defensive players, play makers. Talent level has improved, especially in

the secondary, with Edwards, Adams, Garden, Bush, and several others.

DL, Joesph Miller, Drayland Ross, and now Troy Franklin at DT.

The play makers are here- just got to put these guys together.

DE's- Just have to wait to see the candidates other than Mack Cole.

3.Pass Protection. With the addition of Gabe Hollivay, 6-3, 350 and Nate Jenkins,

6-4, 330, this will give OL Coach Spencer Leftwich several options. The OL

did suffer last year, new players, new positions. These players learned alot,

Matt Menard, Tyler Bailey, Estaban Santiago, and hybred TE/OT Victor Gill,

and C Kelvin Drake are all back together again. new comers JJ Johnson and

Jacob Kaiser looked good in spring ball. Matt Tomlinson, even though he has

been cleared for contact drills, has alot of chatching up to complete.

New recruits could factor in, Coleman Freely, Ethan McMillian, and Aaron Fortenberry.

Pass protection will be alot better than it was last year. Vizza will have more time to

find receivers, as well as the run game oprning up more. Geez, Vizza with more time!

Not running for his life! Being able to read his receivers! Wow!

4. Turnovers- see above. Pass protection will cut down the turnovers. Plus Vizza has a year

of experience against some very good teams, learned defenses, and has a ton of confidence.

5. Jeremy Knott, yes, huge addition. Strong leg, accurate. Gives the team a true

weapon that was not available last year. With Truman Spencer's punting, this will be

a very good 1-2 punch in the kicking game.

6.Receivers better- well this is a no brainer. Hell yes the recievers are better! Other than the starters,

the 2 Sam's, as in Dibrill, and Roberson, BJ Lewis, King, Alex Lott and several others.

7. Riley- red shirt, at least I hope he redshirts.

8. RB's- Mosley is the starter, but Cam Montgomery will get his carries. Lance

Dunbar, I think will play special teams. The RB position will be strong.

9. Coaches better, another no brainer, Heck yes they are better. Full year with the players,

a full year in the SBC, and 2 very good recruiting classes to work with.

10. Lack of experience at LB. The LB's will be fine, with Robertson and Nwigwe,

having starting experience, AJ Penson, is a raw talented player, that will adjust

quickly. Colt Mahan and Steve Warren have alot of experience too. Marquese

Davis and Bron Hager are in the wings. The LB position looks strong to me.

The whole team is progressing alot better now that a year ago. I do believe this team

will go past our expectations, and be right in the race for the SBC crown.