La Tech Coach Puts Foot In Mouth Again...

Baby Arm!

The following is a Q&A from the Shreveport Times:

Q: You have a couple of football players, Ramone Randle and Rolando Melancon, who are expected to be major cogs in your defensive line this fall. Both are struggling academically, so will they be eligible for 2008?

A: Both of those guys were academic risks when they came here and we really won't know their status until August. We have the necessary support around them and we hope they make it. Every year there are certain guys who need some work in the summer. It's certainly a concern about whether they make it. That's why you recruit for depth and numbers. We give them a thorough evaluation. We only take a couple a year like that because it's too much of a risk."

WOW... I guess Dooley isn't too concerned with the privacy issue on student's academics. Most coaches would just say they can't comment on individual students academics, I wonder why Dooley didn't? I'm not sure if this crosses the line but I think it's certainly close to it. This guy seems to be developing a pattern of shooting his mouth off without thinking first.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/story/115036.html

Quote of the day

Dooley heard complaints in Ruston, La., that Louisiana Tech's offense was to blame for its inability to reach a bowl game since 2001.

Dooley, however, quickly noticed that the Bulldogs' defense was ranked the worst in the nation, which made him wonder about his new neighbors.

"Is everybody dyslexic in Ruston?" he thought.

In other news: Dooley leaves Toilet Seat up! SOB!

If the obsession with Dooley and Tech weren't so funny, it'd be sad.

It's off-season. Texas has scrapped last year's "arrest a week" promotion.

Arkansas has fired their "Text messages are for female friends not recruits" coach.

TAMU's new coach is quietly boring so far.

Gotta find some pompous blow hard to mock and Dooley has served himself up on a platter.

In other news: Dooley leaves Toilet Seat up! SOB!

If the obsession with Dooley and Tech weren't so funny, it'd be sad.

Would you prefer yet another conference realignment thread?

I think the dyslexic quote ranks right up there with the OU Assistant who's comment about people in Oklahoma was "I've never seen so many people with so few teeth." He was one of Schnelly's assistants at OU. Not sure if he followed him to Florida.

Edited by VideoEagle