Tcu To Annouce New Coach

MCMLXXX

Interesting that the star-telegram pointed out one of the main reasons for poor attendance for TCU basketball was their conference . Which is not appealing to local fans.

Bullshit. Attendance at TCU games is down because of the product on the floor. I grew up in Ft. Worth during the height of Billy Ball...when Kurt Thomas, Lee Nailon, Greedy Daniels, Ryan Carroll and Bingo Merriex we hanging 120 on teams, the team was on the edge of the Top 25 every season and Daniel Meyer was packed. Neil Daugherty kept his job two seasons longer than he deserved it...he couldnt recruit and he couldnt coach...and he was granted a pass by so many b/c he replaced a legend and expectations were lowered.

I hope JJ is on the phone now with Jim Christian to start talks of a yearly series.

LaTeRaL MoVe at BesT (from just a purely basketball standpoint) I guess TCU offered more $$$

CBL , thanKs for the BinGo mention , havent heard that name in awhile , brought back a lot of memories battling with him at the YMCA gym in Wichita Falls

Edited by NT03

CBL , thanKs for the BinGo mention , havent heard that name in awhile , brought back a lot of memories battling with him at the YMCA gym in Wichita Falls

That kid was a beast but he tended to drift too much...thought he should've done more with what he had.