Observations From The Scrimmage

SUMG

Having more than one good back is a good problem to have. Mosley is also a good return man; I'm convinced he'll get a lot of playing time. I am sure we're all hoping to finally see Cam getting some time in actual games. Dodge really likes to run more than he did last year; two backs can be kept happy.

Just because he's white doesn't mean he lacks blazing speed. He's one of the fastest players on the squad :ph34r:

Has Cam done any receiving out of the backfield in practice or the scrimmage ? MM showed good hands last year and could be a very good 3rd down back

I haven't seen Cam do much in the receiving attack, but he does seem to be more adept at picking up a rusher in the backfield than MM. As much heat as was on the QB's on an every down basis in the scrimmage, Cam put a couple of really nice blocks on rushers. On one of the possessions when he was running with the first team he put a hell of a block on Nwigwe (I didn't have a # roster but I'm pretty sure Toby was ruining 1st string inside LB) as Vizza was trying to turn the corner.

Having more than one good back is a good problem to have. Mosley is also a good return man; I'm convinced he'll get a lot of playing time. I am sure we're all hoping to finally see Cam getting some time in actual games. Dodge really likes to run more than he did last year; two backs can be kept happy.

Speaking of speed and good return men, as mentioned on the MGSports Blog, Jamel Jackson, a junior transfer from Northwestern St, took a kickoff at the 10 and blazed 70 yards thru the kick-cover team only to get tackled by our new kicker on the 19 yard line. Mentioned he was one of the fastest players on the team, and it looked like it...wow! :)

Speaking of speed and good return men, as mentioned on the MGSports Blog, Jamel Jackson, a junior transfer from Northwestern St, took a kickoff at the 10 and blazed 70 yards thru the kick-cover team only to get tackled by our new kicker on the 19 yard line. Mentioned he was one of the fastest players on the team, and it looked like it...wow! :)

which only further confuses my semi-inebriated mind... how did the kicker catch him?

What's up with Greg Garden? Haven't heard anything about him

which only further confuses my semi-inebriated mind... how did the kicker catch him?

What's up with Greg Garden? Haven't heard anything about him

The kicker never went downfield past the 50 and basically just kept him pinned along the sidelines until he went out at the 19. The kicker did a good job of containing him to the short side of field, which is what you want a kicker to do. The runner probably should have cut back inside but the kicker cut off that angle well.

Edited by NT80