Great Story On How Success In Athletics

SUMG

---Unfortunately too many students and profs do not truly understand how success in athletics can translate to a better university on the academic side with better students applying and more contributions to all programs. A better university and better known university also can translate to better job offers as well for the students.

---An odd twist is that better attendence at sporting events puts more pressure on athletes to achieve more and makes them think people care.... which can cause them to do better. Claiming that there is a lot of things to do near North Texas so this severely hurts attendence is an excuse... and not the best of reasons. There is a lot to do in Austin [lakes, sixth street, frats, etc.] and many other places as well. [how many NT students attend Mav games or Cowboy games??-- people anywhere can watch them on TV] This may be partially true for alums and people in general but for students it is as lame excuse for those who live on/near campus.

---With 34,000 students there should never be less than 5000 students (15%) at football/basketball games. I realize students study, work, and have things to do but there are a lot more than that who are available to attend. College memories are made from doing college things... not watching TV or goofing off.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Unfortunately we are preaching to the choir. I used to be one of those that attended almost every sporting event when I was there and I still attend now. Like I said in other posts, I am tired of the apathy, I am tired of people laughing at me when I wear my mean green wear, something has to change.

Unfortunately we are preaching to the choir. I used to be one of those that attended almost every sporting event when I was there and I still attend now. Like I said in other posts, I am tired of the apathy, I am tired of people laughing at me when I wear my mean green wear, something has to change.

I was only laughing because your zipper was down. Also, the pink baby doll T-shirt with the flying worm on it isn't really meant for guys.

Still... Good for you for having spirit.

I was only laughing because your zipper was down. Also, the pink baby doll T-shirt with the flying worm on it isn't really meant for guys.

Still... Good for you for having spirit.

hmm... at the risk of being banned I won't go there buddy.

Edited by filmerj

Many of us have known this to be true for years. During her intro to the Mean Green Nation down in Austin two years ago Dr. B stated something similar about what athletics can do for you and she mentioned the increase they recieved while at Wazzu after they made it to the Rose Bowl. So at least some of our leadership does know that this is true. The question is, can they complete the deal that would allow North Texas to realize it's full potential? Can they, will they.....

SOLVE THE PROBLEM?

Rick