Just Wondering?

That the reason we didnt get into the CBI over a team like cinncinatti (who was 13-18) was because we refused to pay the $60,000 to host a game with only 2 days to sell tickets and with everyone on spring break? i would have loved another hme game and a chance to see williams and wooden and bell keep playing. just wondering if this an accurate thought!

The reason we didn't get a bid....is that our RPI was 145 (or so).

And CMJ is right...we'd have been on the road....even if we had have gotten a bid.

The lesson to be learned from this season: Don't leave winnable games "on the table". There were a lot of games that we lost, that we should have won. At least 4-5.......

Add 4-5 more wins....to our record....and we might have had the NIT calling.

Add 4-5 more wins....to our record....and we might have had the NIT calling.

4-5 more wins against SBC opponents and we'd be at the Big Dance. Forget the NIT!

4-5 more wins against SBC opponents and we'd be at the Big Dance. Forget the NIT!

Not sure I'd go that far, but who knows.

I've been watching NIT games all night(yeah - I'm a complete junkie). In some ways I find the NIT a more interesting tournament to follow than the NCAA. The schools not in the Power 6 really have a shot to win it all if they get a good draw(if anyone saw SIU lay the wood to OSU tonight they'd know what I mean). I wouldn't be surprised if a school from the A-10, Valley, or even MAC(Go Akron!) could win it all - even if the smart money is still on an ACC, Big 10 or Pac 10 rep.

In the CBI(which is DIDN'T get a chance to watch) Houston beat Nevada on the road. Richmond almost beat Virginia

Edited by CMJ

Not sure where to put this...but did anyone else see the Creighton/Rhode Island game? Especially the ending? Rams basically dominated the whole game(up 17 in the 2nd half!)...Jays fight back and hit a 3 with acouple seconds left to win by 1. Amazing.

Edited by CMJ