Pit Crew Deserves Major Props...

ParksAndRecRick

You going to the UTA game? We could arrange a sexytime hug with RV I am sure

Trying to, but not sure about family commitments. The Quoner Family may be making an outing to a Stars game, but if that falls through, I'll be headed out to UTA-ville.

You coming to WKU this weekend?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone please explain the Tiki and sock puppet thing.

As explained to me by UNT_92_Fan:

"One of the first Pit Crew games was against New Orleans and since they have voodoo and all that stuff down there we brought this Skeleton wooden Carving thing... really strange... anyways it was our way to Hex the Privateers and the coaches from NO and NT both loved it and Slinker and Johnny told us to bring it back around since both teams won that night. Its just something that anyone that was around the Pit Crew in 2003-2004 would recognize as an "original tradition". It was basically my roommates statue. I will send ya a pic or something if you want when I leave the office. The Name tiki bastardface was just something a drunk guy at the game called it and it stuck.

"Sock Puppets.... We were all bored and were talking unique traditions schools had and we wanted one at UNT for basketball. We went to the dollar store to get something and there were 40 sock puppet farm animals. We bought all 40 of them and took them to the game and handed them out to the students and when the other team shot their first free throw on our end we raised them up and made animal noises. Childish as hell... but funnnnnnnny. We kept them around for the rest of the season and then i think they got lost in the whole graduation move."

We haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet, but we're thinking about it.

Edited by infuryum

"Sock Puppets.... We were all bored and were talking unique traditions schools had and we wanted one at UNT for basketball. We went to the dollar store to get something and there were 40 sock puppet farm animals. We bought all 40 of them and took them to the game and handed them out to the students and when the other team shot their first free throw on our end we raised them up and made animal noises. Childish as hell... but funnnnnnnny. We kept them around for the rest of the season and then i think they got lost in the whole graduation move."

We haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet, but we're thinking about it.

OK, I love the sock puppet thing. I will even kick in a donation to make this happen.

PP16characterpuppetsMOOSE.jpg

As explained to me by UNT_92_Fan:

What he fails to mention here is how wasted all but one of us were when we came up with this grand idea. I remember stumbling through the store.

Me and Strange had a trash bag of 10 or 15 in our closet at the FOuntains when we moved.... I didnt take them... maybe Strange is setting them up in his new place and having tea partys with old mcdonald....

Not completly out of the realm of possibilities.

Ok, Ive decided to come out of hiding after monitoring this thread for awhile...

1) You have to be very tactful when heckling at a womans game... but it can be done!

2) Nothing will ever top when the police warned me (after a visiting team player complained) that if I continued to heckle the players that he would arrest me for starting a riot... so, i tore into the coaches!

3) Even though we ended up loosing the game... you cant beat the trip to TCU when we covered their commons with NT posters and went into their gym and took their spirit groups banner...

sorry, didnt mean to stroll down memory lane there. also, tiki is resting well in his hyperbaric chamber next to ted williams head. yes, he is retired... i would like to see a new tiki and would even meet up with the new pit crew guys and show them some old school style!

Ok, Ive decided to come out of hiding after monitoring this thread for awhile...

1) You have to be very tactful when heckling at a womans game... but it can be done!

2) Nothing will ever top when the police warned me (after a visiting team player complained) that if I continued to heckle the players that he would arrest me for starting a riot... so, i tore into the coaches!

3) Even though we ended up loosing the game... you cant beat the trip to TCU when we covered their commons with NT posters and went into their gym and took their spirit groups banner...

sorry, didnt mean to stroll down memory lane there. also, tiki is resting well in his hyperbaric chamber next to ted williams head. yes, he is retired... i would like to see a new tiki and would even meet up with the new pit crew guys and show them some old school style!

that would be awesome... please everyone who is sick of sitting in the season ticket holder seats come and cheer with us.... and we'll look at getting a new tiki.... and sock puppets and blow up dolls, you guys can even wear our wigs!!

that would be awesome... please everyone who is sick of sitting in the season ticket holder seats come and cheer with us.... and we'll look at getting a new tiki.... and sock puppets and blow up dolls, you guys can even wear our wigs!!

Blow up dolls thats a great idea.... CBL like his guys muscular... get a muscular one for the game he comes back too