State Of The University

EagleD

This is not football related but...

Monday night at the Bob Bullock history museum in Austin, Dr. Bataille gave a State of the University speech to a crowd of about 150 NT alums and supporters. It was a very good speech and I was impressed by the turnout. I really can't recap the speech, perhaps Austin Talon or some other poster in attendance can. By coincidence, or not, just next to the podium encased in glass was a leather bound copy of "Lonesome Dove" by NT alum Larry McMurtry. Nice touch.

To keep this somewhat on topic, she mentioned that we have a new football coach and we were "rebuilding". She then said what a great man Coach Dodge is and what an asset he is to the University. Privately, when I asked about a new stadium, she said it's coming. We just have to find more money.

Judging by her speech I have to say the state of our University is strong and getting even stronger. I was sad to see Dr. Pohl leave, but Dr. Bataille seems to have picked up right where he left off.

On a personal note, this was the first night my wife and I had alone since our daughter was born 5 months ago. I wouldn't have it any other way. We did call home about 5 times.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Privately, when I asked about a new stadium, she said it's coming. We just have to find more money.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS SHOCKING NEWS!!!!! A MAJOR BREAKING STORY!!!!

THE STADUIM IS THERE !!!! ALL WE NEED IS....... WAIT FOR IT.........

MORE MONEY!?!?!?!? WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING - HONESTLY!?!? :rolleyes:

Edited by Stan R