Defensive Woes

UNTflyer

Oi!

How the heck do we let a guy with a bum ankle rip off a 69 yard run to setup the stake in the heart TD??

I seriously cannot figure out this defense!!! Any play that develops 7+ yards down field is likely to go all the way against us.

What is the deal? Are we that slow, or maybe just way out of position, or is it the scheme?

last year I heard through the grapevine that GD was trying to get back to Texas so he could be closer to his mother. That would be great! Not that i don't like Mendoza, but Deloach was my DC and he was a great coach and motivator. He knew what the offense was doing before they even lined up. I just wish we could stop them back then. :unsure: All that being said, Mendoza will be back next year. Dodge won't fire his longtime friend.

last year I heard through the grapevine that GD was trying to get back to Texas so he could be closer to his mother. That would be great! Not that i don't like Mendoza, but Deloach was my DC and he was a great coach and motivator. He knew what the offense was doing before they even lined up. I just wish we could stop them back then. :unsure: All that being said, Mendoza will be back next year. Dodge won't fire his longtime friend.

The University of North Texas Football program should be bigger than anyones longtime friend!!!!!!!

i hope and pray that there aren't that thick of ties with Mendoza...i was officially embarrassed to be a north texas fan tonight. every time they would show the "20th time the defense had given up a touchdown with less than 2:00 run off of the clock," i cringed.

i hope and pray that there aren't that thick of ties with Mendoza...i was officially embarrassed to be a north texas fan tonight. every time they would show the "20th time the defense had given up a touchdown with less than 2:00 run off of the clock," i cringed.

I think it's more like 22 or 23 times now!!!!!!!!

Well, that was the "Break Don't Bend" style of D that Mendoza prefers to run... :D

Dodge says the Defense gave up 5 or 6 plays like that was a good thing - that is 35 or 42 points!

I never felt comfortable like we were going to win this thing. Unless we got the lead with .02 ticks on the clock I don't trust this team!

Oh well - good parking and tailgating for next week's game!

GMG

on a positive note though, our receivers looked incredible...jackson, sticker and fitzgerald must feel like they have a new lease on life in this offense.

Stickler needs to go out and catch an extra 50 balls after practice each day this week - that guy drops just as many as he catches. He dropped two key balls tonight.

EXACTLY! it was driving us nuts...did you notice that we didn't even get the "yellow line" to show where the first down line was? by the way, i think we counted 32 people in the stands in case anyone wanted to know what the official count was for attendance!

Yeah! I guess we've gotten spoiled with the yellow lines. When that QB was running all over us I was thinking, "hey it isn't as bad as it looks. He hasn't even gotten to the yellow first down marker."