Trying To Compete In A Tough Market

Toecutter

I know we're going to win and it's only going to be a matter of time, but my hope is that the interest in the Mean Green doesn't fade anytime soon with their losses mounting. With hockey (the Stars) starting up tonight, the Mavericks showing up to training camp this week and the Cowboys hitting their stride only leaves so much time for any more sports to follow. I keep looking to teams like Boise State, Hawaii, USF and others and know that if they can turn around and make their schools into winning programs then so can we. Who would have thought teams like Notre Dame and Michigan would be struggling like they are? The time is right (and ripe) for a major shake up in college athletics. If there's any lesson to be learned in all of this it is that colleges are catching on that investing in their sports teams can pay HUGE dividends down the line, both from marketing and increased enrollment standpoints. I can't believe it's taken us (UNT) this long to understand that idea, but maybe we're catching on.

I know we're going to win and it's only going to be a matter of time, but my hope is that the interest in the Mean Green doesn't fade anytime soon with their losses mounting. With hockey (the Stars) starting up tonight, the Mavericks showing up to training camp this week and the Cowboys hitting their stride only leaves so much time for any more sports to follow. I keep looking to teams like Boise State, Hawaii, USF and others and know that if they can turn around and make their schools into winning programs then so can we. Who would have thought teams like Notre Dame and Michigan would be struggling like they are? The time is right (and ripe) for a major shake up in college athletics. If there's any lesson to be learned in all of this it is that colleges are catching on that investing in their sports teams can pay HUGE dividends down the line, both from marketing and increased enrollment standpoints. I can't believe it's taken us (UNT) this long to understand that idea, but maybe we're catching on.

:thumbsup:

Makes sense to me...hopefully, we are catching on.

Welcome to GMG.com, toecutter.

BTW, GoMeanGreen.com is now only 89 away from having 3,000 registered members.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen