Looking Forward To La-la...

We will be off to La-La on Saturday...and looking forward to the Mean Green getting their first win in SBC play! It will probably be a wild one....but, I believe we are in for some GRAND fun in La-La! Debating on going? Why not join us and support your Mean Green.... They have played 4 of the first 5 games on the road and could use some friendly fans wearing green and cheering wildly. Great food in La-La! The Cowboys are off on Sunday, so you can join us on a tour of Tobasco and Avery Island on Sunday.

Mandy and the crew will have our Tailgate tents up...the food will be cookin' and it's a GRAND time to make new Mean Green friends, meet some players parents and enjoy the family atmosphere of Mean Green sports! "This journey is just beginning....and our time will come soon enough!"

Come join us! See ya in La-La!

ParksAndRecRick

A UNT instutition since 1980

We will be off to La-La on Saturday...and looking forward to the Mean Green getting their first win in SBC play! It will probably be a wild one....but, I believe we are in for some GRAND fun in La-La! Debating on going? Why not join us and support your Mean Green.... They have played 4 of the first 5 games on the road and could use some friendly fans wearing green and cheering wildly. Great food in La-La! The Cowboys are off on Sunday, so you can join us on a tour of Tobasco and Avery Island on Sunday.

Mandy and the crew will have our Tailgate tents up...the food will be cookin' and it's a GRAND time to make new Mean Green friends, meet some players parents and enjoy the family atmosphere of Mean Green sports! "This journey is just beginning....and our time will come soon enough!"

Come join us! See ya in La-La!

ParksAndRecRick

A UNT instutition since 1980

Wow thats a lot of yelling.

Rick, it should be a great party and I really think this will be our first win. Yes the journey is just beginning.

Good luck on the trip!

I haven't had the opportunity to go down there, but I have heard lots of good things about the facility and the area. I will make the trip down there eventually. Make sure you get to eat dinner at Prejean's, or Cafe' Vermillionville, or Blue Dog Cafe'(kick-sss Sunday Brunch!), or... B) B) B)

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!

Hey Cajun, I've asked before but I want to know from a true La native. Which is the true University of Louisiana? or are there two?

Actually 3. :) Tulane was the "original" Univ of Louisiana. Name changed after Paul Tulane left a huge endowment and the school went private. Of course if you ask LSU people, they would tell you THEY are the true Univ OF Louisiana, the flagship for all to worship. OK, so we're up to 4 now, lets see........................ :)

Shof

Born in New Orleans, grew up in Lafayette, LIVIN in Texas :)

I haven't had the opportunity to go down there, but I have heard lots of good things about the facility and the area. I will make the trip down there eventually. Make sure you get to eat dinner at Prejean's, or Cafe' Vermillionville, or Blue Dog Cafe'(kick-sss Sunday Brunch!), or... B) B) B)

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!

Is "The Strip" still the place to go party after the game? Lafayette is one of my favorite places. Wish I could go this weekend!

I'll ask on the Cajun board and let you know. My guess would be "no"; but need to see where if not.

No real good answers yet on the Cajun board. One guy did recommend downtown; but offered "caution" if staying much past midnight/1 am. To me that's not a strong recommendation! :) I do know that the tailgating area goes strong into the wee hours of the night, and there is a new place (Baja Grill) right across the street from the stadium. Pete's used to be a good place too.

No real good answers yet on the Cajun board. One guy did recommend downtown; but offered "caution" if staying much past midnight/1 am. To me that's not a strong recommendation! :) I do know that the tailgating area goes strong into the wee hours of the night, and there is a new place (Baja Grill) right across the street from the stadium. Pete's used to be a good place too.

"The Strip" was an area of bars/clubs right next to campus. Great place for walking around and bar-hopping. At least it was in the '80s.

"The Strip" was an area of bars/clubs right next to campus. Great place for walking around and bar-hopping. At least it was in the '80s.

Heard the strip slowed down a lot since around 2000. Here are a few comments from Cajun Land :)

I haven't been out too much downtown lately, but i don't think much caution is needed. there's tons of security. depending on their age and their intentions, I would suggest the Greenroom, down towards the underpass. Its a good drinking place thats real relaxed. If they are younger and looking to meet some ladies at a club, then they should probably go to Nitetown.

I also agree with Crazycajun that Legend's on Bertrand is a wonderful place, and i'm sure that all the Cajun fans going there after the game would treat 'em real good. Also, tell them that if they're walking through the parking lot, to stop at some of the tents that still have things going on. I know that we're planning to stay out tailgating kinda late that night, probably won't go out, and I'd take them in a give them a beer or two if they found me.

Hey Cajun, I've asked before but I want to know from a true La native. Which is the true University of Louisiana? or are there two?

Shof is correct, technically, but (then) USL did legally apply for and was granted the name the University of Louisiana back in 1984, then had it taken away from them by the state legislature at the behest of a few idiots at LSU and a couple of other state institutions. Here are some details, though some of the information toward the bottom of the page may be a bit outdated now:

http://www.angelfire.com/la3/ulragincajuns/battle.html

Shof is correct, technically, but (then) USL did legally apply for and was granted the name the University of Louisiana back in 1984, then had it taken away from them by the state legislature at the behest of a few idiots at LSU and a couple of other state institutions. Here are some details, though some of the information toward the bottom of the page may be a bit outdated now:

Wow, that would piss me off something fierce!

Certainly explains why Monroe and Lafayette suffer from their identity crisis whether who is the real University of Louisiana.

Certainly explains why Monroe and Lafayette suffer from their identity crisis whether who is the real University of Louisiana.

BELIEVE ME, there's NO identity crisis. UL in Lafayette is older, larger, has a much larger and diverse student population, and commands more federal as well as state research funding than that quaint, little "university" in Monroe!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I just didn't want to get into the "name game" over here on NT's website. :)

Shof