The Band Looks Like Crap...a Response From "mr. Williams"

THEBandMan

I have no problem with the "summer" outfit of shorts but I do think GREEN shirts would have looked better than the white. I doubt we'd see the UT or OU band in white shirts, they would be in school colors.

Technically, white is one of our school colors ;) Singing Glory to the Green, Singing Glory to the WHITE. :D

Guest JohnDenver

Technically, white is one of our school colors ;) Singing Glory to the Green, Singing Glory to the WHITE. :D

That is why my next car is going to be white.. so I can say it is my school color. ;)

can we please play more "football appropriate"music at football games? I can listen to good classical pieces with the best of them but it doesn't really get me excited listening to this type of music during a football game. I think we have always missed the mark when selecting appropriate music to play during the game, this is the time when the band can really help get the crowd into it.

can we please play more "football appropriate"music at football games? I can listen to good classical pieces with the best of them but it doesn't really get me excited listening to this type of music during a football game. I think we have always missed the mark when selecting appropriate music to play during the game, this is the time when the band can really help get the crowd into it.

As much as I would like this thread to go away, since it is really stupid to bash the band when we have so many other problems to address. But, I must admit I agree with you on this 100%. The music should be appropriate to the occasion. And, Mr. Williams, this feedback is not from someone who doesn't appreciate classic music. I and my wife have had season tickets to the symphony for years and try to make every performance. And, I enjoy it. But, I would no more want the orchestra there to play the Mean Green fight song than I want the Marching Band for our athletic program to play Bach and Beethoven.

The band members do not purchase the wool uniforms so why should they have to purchase the summer ones? Or if that is unaffordable, furnish a standard green polo and have the band members buy white shorts, socks, and shoes which the university could likely get at a pretty good discount. Those items could be a part of their wardrobe for the foreseeable future.

Now if we could just get the Green Brigade to both sound and look like the best band in the land, they would be great ambassadors of the finest College of Music in the nation.

I would think that every band member has a pair of khaki shorts that they could bring to campus each year at the beginning of FB season. And every band member already has a pair of Nike's, New Balance, or some other type of athletic/running/walking shoe. I would think that the University/Music School/Athletic Department could pool their resources or budget for one, green T-shirt or polo that each band member would be required to wear during the one, hot weather game that may be played each year.

Anyone remember the Baylor band come to Fouts in the hot part of the season? Kahki shorts, gold t-shirts, and a baseball cap. Looked good and the members were probably comfortable. We can do the same, simple thing without spending a lot of money.

I would think that every band member has a pair of khaki shorts that they could bring to campus each year at the beginning of FB season. And every band member already has a pair of Nike's, New Balance, or some other type of athletic/running/walking shoe. I would think that the University/Music School/Athletic Department could pool their resources or budget for one, green T-shirt or polo that each band member would be required to wear during the one, hot weather game that may be played each year.

Anyone remember the Baylor band come to Fouts in the hot part of the season? Kahki shorts, gold t-shirts, and a baseball cap. Looked good and the members were probably comfortable. We can do the same, simple thing without spending a lot of money.

Hellsbells, for what many of these kids spend per week at Starbucks, they could buy their own tuxette! :blink: Tuxette? That's a tuxedo with pants to their knees, a la kahki sized. BTW, I just made up the word tuxette. Should I send it on to Websters to make it an official dictionary entry? :rolleyes:

GMG!