The Band Looked Like Crap Again

ipd054

Some of ya'll I think are confusing style with quality. The Oklahoma band is there to put on a show that blends in with their traditional game day activities. That will never change. UNT has always been sort of renegade that we are not going to conform to any game-day traditionalism. Simply put: we're their to play some damn hard music and do it well, with some respects to the fan.

I had to learn in high school band that there are those that want to please the fans, and those that want to out play everyone else. It probably doesn't make sense to many of you why we wouldn't go the crowd-pleaser route and run onto the field a la OU and play the same ol' stuff. I can understand that. The only thing I can say is try to learn to appreciate that UNT has some darn good musicians, and want to show it. No matter how you feel about the style, you can bet that the OU band knows who the better musicians were that day.

I wonder if OU would be wearing unis if one of their band members passed out in last year's opener? I also wonder who's band sat in the shade most of the night.

Those uniforms add 20+ degrees to the outside temperature. I don't think that's an exaggeration.

FWIW: I really don't like the shorts/shirt thing either and wish we'd be seen in unis. What's done is done. This isn't us moving towards abandoning unis. It's a one-time thing. If we don't wear unis in Denton, then I would be worried.

I believe that UNT has the better band as well. I agree with the wearing of the t-shirts (still would like the shorts the match but the t-shirts are smart for the heat).

What concerns me about this post is attitude that the band is not here to add to the game day traditions. Really? Tell me that is not what you meant. I realize that the OU band was not playing difficult music, but it was entertaining. I will hold back the rest of my response until you clarify.

So as we all line up along Lindsey and the OU fans join us, through the sea of red, we see white. White freaking t-shirts.

Oh My God! White T-shirts?!?!? I thought the same thing when the football team showed up on television wearing WHITE Jerseys. Son of a Bi$&$, what will they do next?

And we wonder why this has been referred to as the idiot board in the past!