Fw*telegram Short Blurb

OldTimer

Josh Alexander (unsuccessful knee rehabitation and Roy Loren undisclosed reasons are no longer on the team. Dodge says he wants to find an undergraduate staff position for Alexander, a graduate of FW Southwest.

CRAP!!! Loren is currently leading my team in INT's on NCAA 08. I realize it's just a game, but now Warren will start SS. He hits like a freight train, but gets beat deep a lot. (at least in the video game?) You gotta love XBOX 360! Oh well, Let's see if Warren or Bron Hager can fill that gap with a different scheme. I sure will miss Loren's speed. As for Alexander, Josh is a HUGE loss for our OL. I hope things go well for him. He is really one of the good guys...

GMG!!!

Mr. Alexander hasn't been with the team since 05, so calling it a loss would not be very accurate. And even if he was able to get back out there and play, he would be spending about half of the season getting back into "football shape".

I'm very glad that Coach Dodge is going to find a way for this incredibly brave young man to continue to contribute to the program.

Guest GrayEagleOne

At one point, I think that we could've had a pretty good line. Look at what we potentially had:

Jeremy Brown - starting tackle

Josh Alexander - healthy, would've be a starter at the other tackle

Ajani Banks - would likely have started at guard

In addition, the status of Nick Foster is unknown. Hopefully, he'll be back but it doesn't sound promising.

Three of those four were 300 pounders who could move pretty well. You just can't have too many quality offensive linemen.

We are also losing a lot of size. Menard, Peachey, Bailey and Carlson are all in the 275-280 range. That's 10-15 pounds lighter than most Division 1A (BCS?) lines. Hopefully, that get addressed in a hurry.

At one point, I think that we could've had a pretty good line. Look at what we potentially had:

Jeremy Brown - starting tackle

Josh Alexander - healthy, would've be a starter at the other tackle

Ajani Banks - would likely have started at guard

In addition, the status of Nick Foster is unknown. Hopefully, he'll be back but it doesn't sound promising.

Three of those four were 300 pounders who could move pretty well. You just can't have too many quality offensive linemen.

We are also losing a lot of size. Menard, Peachey, Bailey and Carlson are all in the 275-280 range. That's 10-15 pounds lighter than most Division 1A (BCS?) lines. Hopefully, that get addressed in a hurry.

What's the news with Banks and Foster, are they out this year for sure? I saw they weren't at practice, but wasn't sure why.