Kickoff Cookout Pictures

UNTflyer

Yes, great turnout! You can see the beginnings of a new day/era of football prowess and school spirit emerging. It is really cool to witness and be a part. Mandy and Hank (and staff) did a great job of organizing and putting the event together (as always). Only negative was Riley Dodge cutting in front of my group at the food serving table after we had been standing/waiting for at least 45 mins to get there. Oh well, he is young and thats what teenagers do sometimes. Riley, FYI, quietly ask someone to grab an extra plate for you so not as obvious next time. Good luck to you at SLC this year!

There was a lot of line-cutting, wasn't there? Hopefully next year the food tent will have more than one point of service. And the food was good.

Excellent point! That is the only "note to file" for next year that I can think of. Well, maybe one more. It would be nice to have a some band members playing to add their magic to the event.

My favorite speech of the night was Aaron Weathers. You could tell he was a bit nervous, and possibly caught off-guard by the offer by RV for him and Burruss to speak. He started off saying how they were excited as a team, they were excited to have New look, New leadership, and ..................then he had just an ummmmmm. He had run out of steam. He thought hard finally said one of the best things of the night............New Results. He finished it off with by throwin' up a Talon.

It was all very genuine and not preplanned.

Edited by Zeke

"Mean Green" is on the front of the helmet... staring our opponents right in the eyes.

One other thing... Rick V said "No longer will we schedule road games to collect a paycheck." He then went on to talk about how expectations are higher.

Now get the quote right, he said "And this isn't a dig at anyone in particular but no longer will we schedule road games to collect a paycheck." Any wonder as to what that meant? :lol:

Those uniforms are FANTASTIC! I'm in shock out how AMAZING they look!

With such a branding problem in the past....I see that this is a uniform that I'm proud for my team to wear......The Green is awesome! I love the white jersey the most!!!

Where can I get one?!?!?! I want to wear one to SMU! we will kill them. oh those little ponies.

GMG!!!!

I wasn't there, but I wonder if he meant, "we will still schedule big time OOC games, but now we can win some of those." I can't imagine RV lowering the caliber of opponents now that TD is here.

What he meant was, no longer will we go into OOC games with the attitude of:

"I'm very excited to announce that we are going to start our fundraising campaign in Norman Oklahoma, then Lubbock Texas, then out in Tempe Arizona, then College Station Texas,..."(see head coaches sarcastic complaint about the upcoming season during his first press conference in 1998".

or,

" we're just fortunate to be on the same field with coach Stoops team..". (see head coaches pregame radio interview prior to the OU game in '01)

or,

"I'll probably wish I was back in Denton around 6 p.m. this evening but..." (see head coaches pre-game radio interview prior to Texas game in '04)

or,

"Yeah George, I've probably visited some of those establishments in Manhatten a time or two, which is where I'll probably want to be saturday around 7 p.m...". (see head coaches radio show the week of the K State game in '05).

or,

" What the @#$# do you mean we resheduled?!". (see head coaches tirade with supervisor upon learning of the rescheduled LSU game in '05).

That is what RV meant. That fans of the Mean Green can now rest assured that this program will no longer sit down and preplan a game with ANYBODY in which we don't think we can win. That from now on, every OOC game is now looked upon as an opportunity to shock the nation and bring respect back to Denton and to the University of North Texas.

By the way, about Riley going to the front of the line, thank you to those who know how to treat our special guests when they come and visit the Mean Green. Your polite gestures to stand off to the side with me and so many others so that they could be served quicker did not go unnoticed. Hopefully word will spread how cool of a place it is at North Texas and he won't be the last Associated Press State 5A Player of the Year, or the final Rivals 38th Ranked Athlete in the Nation to publicly state he wants to join our team? :rolleyes:

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

What he meant was, no longer will we go into OOC games with the attitude of:

"I'm very excited to announce that we are going to start our fundraising campaign in Norman Oklahoma, then Lubbock Texas, then out in Tempe Arizona, then College Station Texas,..."(see head coaches sarcastic complaint about the upcoming season during his first press conference in 1998".

or,

" we're just fortunate to be on the same field with coach Stoops team..". (see head coaches pregame radio interview prior to the OU game in '01)

or,

"I'll probably wish I was back in Denton around 6 p.m. this evening but..." (see head coaches pre-game radio interview prior to Texas game in '04)

or,

"Yeah George, I've probably visited some of those establishments in Manhatten a time or two, which is where I'll probably want to be saturday around 7 p.m...". (see head coaches radio show the week of the K State game in '05).

or,

" What the @#$# do you mean we resheduled?!". (see head coaches tirade with supervisor upon learning of the rescheduled LSU game in '05).

That is what RV meant. That fans of the Mean Green can now rest assured that this program will no longer sit down and preplan a game with ANYBODY in which we don't think we can win. That from now on, every OOC game is now looked upon as an opportunity to shock the nation and bring respect back to Denton and to the University of North Texas.

By the way, about Riley going to the front of the line, thank you to those who know how to treat our special guests when they come and visit the Mean Green. Your polite gestures to stand off to the side with me and so many others so that they could be served quicker did not go unnoticed. Hopefully word will spread how cool of a place it is at North Texas and he won't be the last Associated Press State 5A Player of the Year, or the final Rivals 38th Ranked Athlete in the Nation to publicly state he wants to join our team? :rolleyes:

Rick

....OR my personal favorite. At the alumni gathering the night before the Texas game last year, our coach was asked to make some comments..." When Dr. B looks up at the scoreboard at the end of the game tomorrow, I just want her to remember that we are getting about a 1/2 million for playing this game". :angry:

It's my sincerest hope that we NEVER hear anything like that from any NT athletic personnel. I know that we will never hear it from our current coach or our AD.

The Athletic Center. Similar to the Cingular wallpaper, but without the "UNT" across it.

n23906059_33832052_9863.jpg

The line for food when I got to it at roughly 7:15.

n23906059_33832057_1112.jpg

The view of the field from the south endzone.

n23906059_33832058_1368.jpg

Home uniform.

n23906059_33832063_2750.jpg

n23906059_33832067_3858.jpg

Away uniform.

n23906059_33832062_2503.jpg

n23906059_33832064_2996.jpg

The coaching staff.

n23906059_33832476_5446.jpg

My primary goal for the night accomplished. I have to thank RV for his help.

n23906059_33832478_5977.jpg

n23906059_33832479_6299.jpg