Don't Laugh... But I Just Have To Ask.

jperg2

Has anyone tried to get a wireless connection at Fouts. :ph34r: Told ya, don't laugh. I was curious because of the recent web page I made (and posted earlier).

My intention was to update the score real-time while I listen to away games from teh comfort of my office at home, but also during home games. However, with my acquiring of season tickets, I wondered if I might be able to update this page from the stands, for those not able to attend the game (i.e. during randon stoppages of play, timeouts, etc.).

I wasn't sure if other on this board have attempted this before, so thought I'd ask. Like I said, I probably know the answer since Fouts is ancient.

Thanks for humoring me... now go cleap up that puddle under your chair from your laughing. :)

We couldn't get a signal last summer during two-a-days. I do have a verizon wireless aircard and it will work close to anywhere and pretty fast, but that might be your only option.

In case anyone was wondering, I did try this site with the Iphone, and it works beautifully. It would be nice if they did have Wi-Fi at Fouts, you could make live posts from the game.

I'd be willing to bet there is Wi-Fi in Norman at the game, and gulp...........at Ford Stadium too.

Has anyone tried to get a wireless connection at Fouts. :ph34r: Told ya, don't laugh. I was curious because of the recent web page I made (and posted earlier).

My intention was to update the score real-time while I listen to away games from teh comfort of my office at home, but also during home games. However, with my acquiring of season tickets, I wondered if I might be able to update this page from the stands, for those not able to attend the game (i.e. during randon stoppages of play, timeouts, etc.).

I wasn't sure if other on this board have attempted this before, so thought I'd ask. Like I said, I probably know the answer since Fouts is ancient.

Thanks for humoring me... now go cleap up that puddle under your chair from your laughing. :)

Be careful ...

I can get cell phone coverage at the stadium (or at least I did last year I got calls from the wife during the game). Get a good WiFi card and service and I would think you could.

As far as the NCAA not wanting bloggers covering the game, I think I saw an article on that in SI last week or two. Didn't read it at the time thought.

In case anyone was wondering, I did try this site with the Iphone, and it works beautifully.

It wasn't the $500 price tag that kept me from buying the iPhone, nor the 2 year contract with AT&T adding up to almost $1500, and no, not the the lack of 3g connectivity. It was the fear of this site not displaying properly. Thanks!

HANG UP THE PHONES AND ENJOY THE GAME...for goodness (or whatever word you want to insert) sakes! Nothing worse than some yahoo talking on a cell phone sitting beside you while trying to watch the game...it's usually about something totally NOT IMPORTANT! Let's watch the game and let others do the same...I'm O.K. if you want to step out to the concourse or something, but please hang 'em up and turn 'em off if your sittin' in the stands. :blink: