U Gotta Luv Those Trash Talking Hillbillies Muts

MeanGreen61

Well, I think ours is slightly more challenging... we're playing two teams who were arguably in competition for a national title last year.

Oh I definitely agree with you on the "heavies" on our schedule. I just think Memphis and Virginia compared to SMU and Navy gives them an edge in the "lighter" portions of our OOC schedules, thus evening it up.

This made me start to think of SBC teams that could have movie nicknames:

FIU - Fight Club

ULL & ULM - Dumb and Dumber

MUTS - Brokeback Mountain

ASU - Pocohantas

FAU -Howard the Duck

Troy - Revenge of the Nerds

Fixed that for you. :D

Univ. of North Texas - "The Titanic" (we all know how that one ended, don't we) :rolleyes:

Smith: Clear.

Second Officer Charles Herbert Lightoller: Yes. I don't think I've ever seen such a flat calm.

Smith: Like a mill pond, not a breath of wind.

Second Officer Charles Herbert Lightoller: It will make the bergs harder to see... with no breaking water at the base.

Smith: Hmm. Well, I'm off. Mantain speed and heading, Mr. Lightoller.

How is it that Troy is Revenge of the Nerds? It doesn't take rocket science academics to get a degree from Troy. Plus, Larry Blakeney's team is top-heavy with junior college transfers and partial qualifiers--more recruited than any school in 1-A. When I think of nerds, I think of intelligent geeks. Troy is hardly a school for high quality intellects.

fyi: Sam Houston was also from Tennessee. Folks from Tennessee played a big part in Texas winning independence from Mexico but Sam Houston played a much bigger role than Crockett.

Yeah but they can't really claim that Houston was born in Virginia before moving to Tennessee. And as all Texans know you've gotta be born here for it to count.

You are getting a lot of whistling in the dark by NT rivals. They don't know what to make of all these early commits so they are hoping that the players won't stick or that TD is busy offering fringe players.

I want them to stick. We need all teams in the SBC to improve. We also need to make sure we have players who want to be in the SBC, not players who feel like they are settling. I hope the players are good players and I hope they stay true to their word. Dodge could be setting a trend that could benefit all SBC schools.

How is it that Troy is Revenge of the Nerds? It doesn't take rocket science academics to get a degree from Troy. Plus, Larry Blakeney's team is top-heavy with junior college transfers and partial qualifiers--more recruited than any school in 1-A. When I think of nerds, I think of intelligent geeks. Troy is hardly a school for high quality intellects.

Maybe something to do with trojans? I can't remember that Adam's mascot. Anybody?

Edited by Cr1028