Beer And Football

LAZER

I was just listening to ESPN radio and GAC mentioned North Texas, SMU, and TCU regarding whether or not attendance at football games would be higher if alcohol was sold. First off I was excited to hear North Texas mentioned, second I think it would increase attendance or at the least bring tailgater's inside the stadium after the game starts. GAC did not seem to think it would increase attendance at all, what do you think?

I was just listening to ESPN radio and GAC mentioned North Texas, SMU, and TCU regarding whether or not attendance at football games would be higher if alcohol was sold. First off I was excited to hear North Texas mentioned, second I think it would increase attendance or at the least bring tailgater's inside the stadium after the game starts. GAC did not seem to think it would increase attendance at all, what do you think?

Alcohol is already sold inside Fouts, on the deck for MGC members.

UNT was also mentioned with SMUt and TCU in a SuperBowl article as saying the area is used to big football-hosting events.

I am not advocating drinking at all but I certainly think w/out a doubt that if everyone could bring beer into the stadium or purchase beer in the consession stands then I think the games would be more enjoyable (for some), and I

definitely think our attendance at the games would shoot up. Lets face it I think the majority of our fan base would rather drink and party in the parking lot than watch their football team. So the way it is now a) stay outside and get drunk and simply listen to the game B) get as drunk as I can, hope I get into the game, and watch it...No brainer, esp. if they're already drunk.

Now if we could combine the 2 we would have the best of both worlds.

I remember my first two years in Denton 99 and 2000 I didn't miss a game but I had the help of a flask. Then we started winning so I went to the game to sober up and enjoy yet the past two years I've gotta admit beer in the stands really would have helped. I think if we can start consistantly winning we won't have the problems that come from everyone being drunk.

I would actually go into the game without a sip of beer or alcohol. But, after a half of Dickey Ball, It would lead me to drink once I got home.

Just kidding. (never been a drinker) Seriously, a fun, entertaining and winning style of ball is the key to increased attendance.

I don't see much of a problem if we sold beer in the stadium...responsibly....that means to check ID's and stop selling at the end of the third quarter...and make sure it's draft beer in plastic or foam cups. Don't want anything "dangerous" as potential weaopns in the stands...really, I go to many sporting events where beer is sold...it does not make the difference on whether I attend or not, I would just like to sip a cold one at the game ... if I wanted to, but there is beer sold at Fouts...in the Ben E. Keith pavilion...I believe...and besides...how can you beat FREE BEER at the taligate parties before the games? I just want folks to fill the seats this year...whatever it takes....

I saw the title to this thread...didnt take time to read any of it's content...But I will take both...Beer and Football... go ahead and put that on my tab under Steve Boedeker or Justin Winters...I should have a tab under one of those names.....

Edited by UNT_92_Fan

I saw the title to this thread...didnt take time to read any of it's content...But I will take both...Beer and Football... go ahead and put that on my tab under Steve Boedeker or Justin Winters...I should have a tab under one of those names.....

Funny, my tab has always been under the name "Steve Boedeker".

Why not just sell it in certain sections with a ticket in that section required to buy? Maybe one section of the alumni side...and it might be a good way to sell those endzone seats.

Edited by JayDub

attendance would at least double. GAC and the posters here are looking at this from a hardcore sports fans perspective. We would be at the game anyway. if you look at it from alot of my freinds and my wifes perspective the game is just a 3-4 hour lull in the fun event that is a saturday at the stadium.