A Student's Experience In New Orleans

AJR2010OX

So, I figured you guys would enjoy a little recounting from a student's perspective. The last road trip I took was for the Texas game, but most of that trip was to visit high school friends.

So it all started Thursday night at 10 pm. That was when we got on the road to New Orleans. Had it not been for our eccentric personalities in the car it wouldve been quite a boring drive, since there is a ton of country roads on I-10 and I-49. We got to New Orleans around 7:30 in the morning, and still hadn't booked a hotel, which was quite a problem. So, we decided to go to the teams hotel and paint up. A few of yall may have seen me; I was the one in full body paint with "memphis stinks" on the back. (Thanks FFR for takin a pic btw). Its too bad not a lot of you guys were able to see the painted group though; we were relegated to the 3rd deck even though the NT section was half full. Anyway, it was still fun, since we got to go courtside for a bit before the ticket lady kicked us out (wish someone wouldve stuck up for painted students). However, I have never felt so depressed after a loss before. It was too fun of a season I guess.

Comments on Memphis fans- Most of them were really cool people. We were on Bourbon street friday night, and we ended up spending 30 minutes talking to these two twenty something Memphis fans. Turns out, they dont really like SMU either, and are extremely pissed at Louisville for screwing them over in all sports. I found it interesting that Memphis was scheduled to play Louisville in 2006, and Louisville payed ESPN $2 million to get out of it.

Anyway, so Friday night, we went on Bourbon St. Went to a place called Ocena, which has probably the best Crawfish Fettucini ever. I mean, it was amazing. What was cool was that we saw about 100 NT fans on Bourbon as well, including the band director, whose an awesome guy. Ben Bell's dad made the trip to NO from Maryland too, and we painted his head for the game. Nice guy. Another thing I enjoyed was seeing all fans, from so many different schools on Bourbon St. Not gonna lie, the Memphis fans were the best. The Florida fans seemed like real jerks, as the didnt really want to talk to us at all.

Did anyone else see the Jamaican acrobats on Saturday?

More to come later, but I must say I throughly enjoyed the trip, wish I coulda seen more of yall, and hope for a 2007 New Orleans Bowl appearence so I can do this again.

Yes, HUGE props to you guys. And i will post the photo when I get a chance. Also, great effort in trying to make your way down onto the front row from the upper deck. You guys are truly taking advantage of your college experience and getting the most out of your educational investment. These times will be great memories for life.

Rick