The Dodgers In Austin

H-towngreen

Word is out the Riley is going to UT this weekend for their Jr. day. Parents usually accompany their kids for these such things I assume. Soooo...do yall think that TD will be in Austin this weekend with Riley? Would love to be a fly on the wall if TD and Mack get the chance to have a few words.

I would also assume that Tre Newton will be going as well.

Word is out the Riley is going to UT this weekend for their Jr. day. Parents usually accompany their kids for these such things I assume. Soooo...do yall think that TD will be in Austin this weekend with Riley? Would love to be a fly on the wall if TD and Mack get the chance to have a few words.

I would also assume that Tre Newton will be going as well.

So the UNT HC will be attending UT's Junior Day....that's funny. Maybe TD will do some recruiting at Mack's event.

I guess this is as good a place as any to post what my fantasy would be about Todd Dodge coming to North Texas. I find this situation similar to the one that Florida State was in back in the mid-70's. Here is an excerpt from Bobby Bowden's bio on the FSU athletic web-site.

"Bowden's remarkable career numbers are even more impressive considering the fact that he took over an FSU program in 1976 that had won just four games over the previous three seasons. He has remained at FSU despite offers from NFL teams and several other prestigious college football programs. Bowden's loyalty has meant the world to Florida State University and its athletics program."

It's been posted many times in the recent past that when Bobby Bowden took over at Florida State their program was very lightly regarded. Proof of that is the fact that in Bobby Bowden's first year, they came to Fouts field to play us at our homecoming game.

It is my hope that Todd Dodge becomes the coach that everyone hopes he can be. If that happens, it is also my hope (and I guess my fantasy) that he decides to make North Texas the next Florida State and stay here to be the coach that all subsequent coaches at North Texas will be compared to. Instead of being the next great coach in a long line of other great coaches at some other prestigious program.

But in order for that to happen, we have to be the fans that I hope we can be.

Neither Coach Dodge nor RV can do it for us.