Why Isn't Anybody Talking About The Missed Free Throw

BonfireBrian

Why isn't anybody talking about the missed free throw with 2.0 seconds left.

True, we hit the 2nd one to go up by 1. But... if we make the 1st one, we are up 1, and we should miss the 2nd free throw on purpose since UNO had no timeouts left. This would have definately caused a frantic shot from beyond half court.

Now, I don't think we should have called timeout, but it all could have been averted by hitting the first free throw.

Why isn't anybody talking about the missed free throw with 2.0 seconds left.

True, we hit the 2nd one to go up by 1. But... if we make the 1st one, we are up 1, and we should miss the 2nd free throw on purpose since UNO had no timeouts left. This would have definately caused a frantic shot from beyond half court.

Now, I don't think we should have called timeout, but it all could have been averted by hitting the first free throw.

I guess people are getting so used to all of the missed free throws that they hardly notice them anymore. We wouldn't have had nearly as many games go down to the wire this year if we were a decent free throw shooting team. A lot of missed 1 and 1's. Not to lay it all on Bell, but it would be nice to have a point guard in there at crunch time who possesses well rounded point guard skills. The guy may be good at getting the ball down the court, but I haven't seen a whole lot from him as far as finding the open man and free throw shooting are concerned.