Pit Crew

Zeke

Ok, I know that the Pit Crew has a cheer sheet but from what I see it isn't followed much. Some things I would like to see:

1. Cheer the opposing team as they come off the court at the end of the game I put this first because this means the most to me. Yell at the team, destroy their will, talk about their momma..............for 40 minutes of gametime. As they walk off the court, just for that 1 minute - Cheer for the other team. Tell players good job and suffocate them with kindness. I want Mean Green fans to be brutal yet classy.

2. Be smart fans This sometimes just means reading the opposing teams roster and seeing who has a funny name or reading the newspaper before the game. Know the teams leading scorer. Know when to create chaos for the other team. Shouting "Ball! Ball!" or just making noise when we are pressing a team can only help to decrease communication for the other team.

3. Stand Up! I loved the stand up cheer, but it can't be overused or the seated alumni will start to ignore it. When the time comes, however, take that cheer out of your back pocket and make the place explode.

I haven't seen the cheer sheet myself, but what else is on it and what keeps the Pit Crew from following more of it.

What if everytime the opposing team gets the ball, everyone starts randomly yelling "whoop" or "wooo", in kind of a barking manner.

I think if you ge a few hunred people doing this randomly, it woul dget pretty hard to concentrate.

A lot of times, players will go "whoop" to thier teammates to let them know to pass the ball to them or that they are open.

Just a thought

Edited by marc_moffitt

The "You Suck" after a missed free throw is pretty bad....

The Original PC would have one person on a missed Free throw count to 3 really loud and everyone would scream NICE SHOT.

It was pretty funny once we got the band and some of the alums doing it.... Get 200-300 people to yell that in unison when someone misses a free throw is pretty impressive

Too bad the visiting bench isn't where it used to be, right in front of the Pit Crew (where God intended it). That way, the Pit Crew could heckel the visitors all through the game and during timeouts.

I agree, this is so simple to change. How do we get this pushed for next year.

Also, I have seen more then 1 post on the lack of students at the games. Saturday was no exception. I looks to me like some student groups should be targeted. like the greeks (no letters, no students). And not to pick on the greeks I know that there are many organizations that can somehow get involved.

Trey and the guys running this new pit crew are doing a great job and they are greek i know that and I dont want this directed at them at all... but in response to 'picking on the greeks', I say you do call them out. I know this is a long time debate on this board about the greeks and their participation with athletics...

I am gonna go ahead and say it and expect to get flamed for it....Football they are alright, but everything

but in big bold letters....

IT SUCKS

The "You Suck" after a missed free throw is pretty bad....

The Original PC would have one person on a missed Free throw count to 3 really loud and everyone would scream NICE SHOT.

It was pretty funny once we got the band and some of the alums doing it.... Get 200-300 people to yell that in unison when someone misses a free throw is pretty impressive

Geez...that's something I started circa 1998.

you guys are being too kind to the other team.. Fans should be able to yell whatever they want at the players as long as its not racial or hate motivated.. If a fan wants to yell "you suck" at someone they shouldnt be told not to, the players expect that stuff from fans it may get into their head, it may not, either way they won't think any less of the class of the students..

whatever happened to some classics like "nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we got screwed" or "don't be sad, don't be blue, we beat your ass at football too", wait that second one wouldn't work too often.. and people can we please start saying "warm up the bus" it not only sounds better, but it is easier for people to understand

Yell "you suck" all you want...I did it all the time...i am saying on a free throw the NICE SHOT is way more funny....

I could careless what you say...tell them their mom makes good breakfast(did that one too) I DONT CARE...

Just do something to get into the game...the pit crew is very effective right now at gettin our team riled up but verrrrrrry ineffective at getting at the other team like we did in the old days....circa 2005...haha

Edited by UNT_92_Fan

Ok, enough of the penis measuring between Pit Crew 1 and Pit Crew: The Next Generation.

I still hope we look at my offerings for #1.

Chaos when we are pressing can and has disrupted a teams ability to break the press.

The biggest fan victory you can get is if you can get an opposing player to acknowledge you. I have had players give me a finger to the mouth "shush", blow me a kiss, and pick their butt on command. When they are paying attention to you, they aren't paying attention to the game.

one thing we used to do was go online the night before a game and read the opposing teams players bios. get a little dirt on them... that way you can call them by name instead of "hey number whatever!!" its pretty effective... and when you know their sisters name... that can get under their skin :lol: !!!!

one thing we used to do was go online the night before a game and read the opposing teams players bios. get a little dirt on them... that way you can call them by name instead of "hey number whatever!!" its pretty effective... and when you know their sisters name... that can get under their skin :lol: !!!!

THIS is what I am takling about. THIS is being a smart fan.

yeah... keep gettin after guys. i hear you all are doing great. but be smart. its easy to cuss or yell "you suck" but get creative, show ppl that you are willing to go that extra mile to make opposing teams feel absolutely unwelcome at the super pit. anyone remember the hand puppets????

Oh yes ... the hand puppets. :shifty: