New Rb Recruit On Recruiting Board

emmitt01

That will be a good addition to the offense, but until we get a QB that can take some pressure off the running game its not going to help anything. Also we need to get a few offensive linemen to give protection.

Check out the roster. There are lots of offensive lineman on the current roster. And lots of them are young. Its just that before they didn't have a good scheme, or an OC to help them out.

What is J-Mo thinking right now?

What are we thinking about J-Mo right now?

It isn't like they brough in a freshman here, they brough in a ready to play RB that will be a junior next season. (from the roster I just looked at calling him a SO.

Competition is a good thing. Look at Thomas Jones/Cedric Benson, Deuce/Reggie Bush, and even Julius/Marion Barber. All of these combos play better as a pair then they did as a solo act.

well it didnt show last year. yes i give you that the play calling wasnt good but the qb was under a lot of pressure when he was in the pocket.

This is where having a HS coach with D-1 experience (both playing and coaching) will pay off. In HS you have to start every season with what you got. Some times you have a good O-line, sometimes your don't. TD is a master at coaching what he's got. That will be key next seasons until he can recruit and coachup what he ultimately needs to rock & roll. Also, when you have 4-5 WRs to cover every play its hard to put pressure in the QB like you can when you know your playing a team who struggles to throw the ball. This ain't last year.

This is where having a HS coach with D-1 experience (both playing and coaching) will pay off. In HS you have to start every season with what you got. Some times you have a good O-line, sometimes your don't. TD is a master at coaching what he's got. That will be key next seasons until he can recruit and coachup what he ultimately needs to rock & roll. Also, when you have 4-5 WRs to cover every play its hard to put pressure in the QB like you can when you know your playing a team who struggles to throw the ball. This ain't last year.

I couldn't have said it better.

that is true, it is not last year. i think dodge is going to be a smart hire, but i dont think that he will turn it around in one year. he still has the players that dickey left him. not saying that they are bad players, but i dont think they are the players that dodge will need for his offense.

i think that UNT will have a better year than the last couple it is still going to be rough in the sbc.

Good point and something I reiterated over and over again to the detractors prior to this hire. Critics across the state continue to speculnet that somehow if you stick a scarecrow up on the sidelines there that SLC would still go 79-1 because of the history and all the things that the district can afford. It's just not true. In HS you start over every year, moreso than at any other level. As example, for this past '06 Dragon squad, 16 out of the 22 starters were first time starters. TD say's they were the youngest team he had in his 5 years there.

RIck