Marcus King

Sammy Sauls

Allow me to be the first to introduce Trinity Receiver Marcus King to UNT. I've watched him quite a bit over the last couple of years and I think we've got a very good one here. His numbers aren't all that impressive but if you know high school football, you know that he comes from a school (Trinity) that runs 80-90% of the time. He was a big part of their championship team last year, giving the Trojans a big boost as the go to guy when teams loaded up with 8 or 9 in the box. He has great hands but will need to get a little faster in College and I think he will. Here's some video of him from his junior year. Welcome to UNT Marcus!

Link

Edited by Sammy Sauls

I'm really happy to have Marcus King with the Mean Green. While I don't think he will ever have game-breaking ability in the open field, I do think that he can gain some straight-line speed and become a deep threat. His natural size and ability to fight for the football will make him a valuable asset as an outside receiver.

I'm really happy to have Marcus King with the Mean Green. While I don't think he will ever have game-breaking ability in the open field, I do think that he can gain some straight-line speed and become a deep threat. His natural size and ability to fight for the football will make him a valuable asset as an outside receiver.

I would foresee Marcus as a possesion receiver. He's a big target at 6'3" and is pretty fearless going over the middle. He was able to get deep in high school a lot because he was never doubled covered and has good leaping ability. I guess the biggest question is are there enough balls to go around? With several talented incoming recievers plus what is already there, competition at this position will be fierce!

I would foresee Marcus as a possesion receiver. He's a big target at 6'3" and is pretty fearless going over the middle. He was able to get deep in high school a lot because he was never doubled covered and has good leaping ability. I guess the biggest question is are there enough balls to go around? With several talented incoming recievers plus what is already there, competition at this position will be fierce!

Yeah, I see King as a deep threat simply because of his size and because outside receivers run the deep routes most of the time in TD's system from SLC, at least what I remember of it.

As for the thought on the move to safety...I could definately see that. Because of the numbers at receiver and the lack of true safties recruited over the past few years, it's even more of a possibility. The only downside is that he never played a snap of varsity defense for Trinity. It may take a few years to really learn the position...but it's all speculation at this point.

Edited by TicketJohn