Kenny Evans At Lt

Mean Green 93-98

The Mean Green blog mentions that Kenny Evans has been hired at Louisiana Tech.

Mean Green Blog

One quote that kind of worries me is "It wouldn't surprise me to see Evans assigned to recruit the Dallas-Fort Worth area and Texas junior colleges for Tech."

I trust Coach Dodge's judgment above my own as to who would best help UNT win, but Coach Evans was one that may have been wise to retain.

The Mean Green blog mentions that Kenny Evans has been hired at Louisiana Tech.

Mean Green Blog

One quote that kind of worries me is "It wouldn't surprise me to see Evans assigned to recruit the Dallas-Fort Worth area and Texas junior colleges for Tech."

I trust Coach Dodge's judgment above my own as to who would best help UNT win, but Coach Evans was one that may have been wise to retain.

I find it odd that the people say he should have been retained for his recruiting skills, especially in the DFW area, when UNT got killed so badly when that was his job responsibility.

how could he have been so mediocre at this task while at UNT, but such a critical loss when he wasn't retained?

I'm just confused.

I find it odd that the people say he should have been retained for his recruiting skills, especially in the DFW area, when UNT got killed so badly when that was his job responsibility.

how could he have been so mediocre at this task while at UNT, but such a critical loss when he wasn't retained?

I'm just confused.

Kenny didn't recruit DFW while he was at NT. That POS QB coach Ramone Flannigan did.

Evans recruited Oklahoma, you know where we got Kevin Galbreath and Patrick Cobbs, and JUCOs, where we got Michael Pruitt from.

Coach Evans recruited about 60 players on this year's squad, including Super Jamario. He's a great judge of talent and would have been an asset if he was kept. But he was to closely associated with DD.