Jamario Thomas?

Txballa

Jamario is the best offensive talent on this team. Dodge is a good coach and will find a way to taylor the offense to use him.

He's the only "proven" offensive player to return. Nothing but question marks at every skill position.

Edited by Got5onIt

When the defense fades back to play the pass, Jamario will have a field day.  Or he can be like Reggie Bush and go out for screens and short passes.

I like that I've read a Reggie Bush and a Steve Slaton comparison in the past 5 minutes. It goes with the earlier Vince Young comparisons to Woody, although I'd say he's more of a Troy Smith type now.... perhaps maybe we have an Earl Campbell on our hands....

I like that I've read a Reggie Bush and a Steve Slaton comparison in the past 5 minutes. It goes with the earlier Vince Young comparisons to Woody, although I'd say he's more of a Troy Smith type now.... perhaps maybe we have an Earl Campbell on our hands....

You've lost all credibility without the Hasselhoff speedo avatar. laugh.gif

And for the record I said a "poorman's" Steve Slaton & Pat White. Never mentioned Vince Young.

I think a Dodge offense could be VERY productive for Jamario. The last two years he was surrounded by the enemy virtually every time he touched the ball. That could change quite a bit in a wide open offense. Along with improving his health in a major way, I hope he's ready to work his butt off on improving his ball catching abilities. He's going to need to demonstrate good receiver skills anyhow if he still has NFL aspirations.

A spread offense is one that Jamario could excel in. Being in the spread doesn't mean that a team is going to pass every play. Take a look at West Virginia, for example. Like was mentioned, not having the box stacked against him may give him the room he needs to use his speed and make the moves we saw when he was a freshman.

Jamario did not look good last year.  I know the o-line was not as solid in years past, but he did not look like the same back.  I hope he bounces back because he created national coverage for the school after his freshman season.

Also, I think Evan Robertsons numbers were deceptive as defenses weren't keying on him and stacking the box as much because they knew someone else was calling the plays and that the ball would be thrown more. If you noticed Phillips hurt some teams that tried to stack the box on him after a good run by Robertson. Had J-Mo been allowed to run with the Green team offense a few times I think you would have seen a different J-Mo. He is good but when you are running against 9-10 of the 11 people on the field it gets a little crowded and there is not much room to make anything happen.