Venting is good therapy

HoustonEagle

I have railed away on this board several times. A person always feels better to get their frustrations out into the open. Nevertheless, it does not effect change. If you are truly upset about our squandered momentum to build a respectable football program, let those in charge know. Today I sent e-mails out to RV, Mr. Jackson, Dr. Bataille and the only board member I could find. (does anyone have board member contact info?) I voiced my frustrations and pledged more money if changes are made. If everyone does the same they will listen.

Edited by HoustonEagle

I have railed away on this board several times.  A person always feels better to get their frustrations out into the open.  Nevertheless, it does not effect change.  If you are truly upset about our squandered momentum to build a respectable football program, let those in charge know.  Today I sent e-mails out to RV, Mr. Jackson, Dr.  Bataille and the only board member I could find.  (does anyone have board member contact info?) I voiced my frustrations and pledged more money if changes are made.  If everyone does the same they will listen.

Yet don't mis-underestimate this forum, HoustonEagle.

A most reliable source says that one of our most influential NT Board of Regents regularly monitors what is being posted on GoMeanGreen.com; but your suggestions are still pretty darn good ones IMO.

The part that concerns many of us the most are the ones who will actually make all the future decisions for a new head football coaching hire at UNT when that day arrives.

We as UNT alums are (literally) at the mercy of those who might be tempted to hire some of their "good ol' boy" type buddy hires or past coaching associates/friends to lead our future. I think many might now agree that we have already been in the midst of such a football hire the past few years but that is all I will say about that.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

A most reliable source says that one of our most influential NT Board of Regents regularly monitors what is being posted on GoMeanGreen.com; but your suggestions are still pretty darn good ones IMO.

Then maybe this BOR member will ask UNT.edu to post their email addresses. Everyone else associated with the university has their contact information, but not our BOR.

Then maybe this BOR member will ask UNT.edu to post their email addresses.  Everyone else associated with the university has their contact information, but not our BOR.

In fact, UNTLifer, found out just today that there are actually 2 of our most influential BOR's who monitor this most diversified spectrum of opinion forum.

Guess many of us have also read where Bill Gates when he was actively running MicroSoft frequented his company's "grunt's message board almost daily to see what the pulse of his people were as well; probably not a bad idea.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

In fact, UNTLifer, found out just today that there are actually 2 of our most influential BOR's who monitor this most diversified spectrum of opinion forum.

Guess many of us have also read where Bill Gates when he was actively running MicroSoft frequented his company's "grunt's message board almost daily to see what the pulse of his people were as well;  probably not a bad idea.

Companies do monitor message boards - but don't necessarily think that means are looking to use it as a change agent. It is not uncommon to find some variation of an "idiot file" that features the best complaint letters, pitches, emails, or, yes, message board topics.

I'd stick with the direct emails that were first mentioned to make the bigger points that need to be made right now....

Companies do monitor message boards - but don't necessarily think that means are looking to use it as a change agent. It is not uncommon to find some variation of an "idiot file" that features the best complaint letters, pitches, emails, or, yes, message board topics.

I'd stick with the direct emails that were first mentioned to make the bigger points that need to be made right now....

!?!?

Can't we get a fluffy kitten joke or unstable homoerotic comment?

You've changed, Quoner. You've changed.