Beer will be sold at Tulsa home games

ADLER

Guest GrayEagleOne

Talk about ambivalent feelings.

Although I'm not supposed to have a beer (due to diabetes) I still manage to sneak one in occasionally. I enjoy being around where people are having a few beers. They seem to give a degree of relaxation and enhances conversational ability. Then there's the other side. It seems as if there's always some who prefer being drunk to enjoying the game. That, plus the fact that several thousand will be under age and I hate throwing temptation in their faces. I also don't like obnoxious drunks around small kids.

So, I'd be content to just keeping beer sales at the Ben E. Keith Pavillion and cater to responsible adults only.

Would beer sales generate significant revenue for the Athletic Department?

Would the rewards be worth the liability?

Would overzealous fans or overzealous campus police be able to act in a reasonable manner?

Would it help help in getting thousands of tailgaters out of the lots and into the stadium for activities?

Beer would generate more revenue than a sold out stadium, full of merchidise clad NT EXES.

the university would have to purchase a very large Liquor Liability policy but they could afford it at $5 per beer.

I dont know about you, but I havent been to a game without a 5 hour head start on boozing ever. nothing would change. the drinkers would drink and others would not.

I wouldnt have to go outside at half time or take my time walking in finishing what I am drinking so... Yes

Edited by bigrobdsp

Perry- the answer to that would be no. Definitely no. I think that beer sales would help us. I do not know why we don't do it. However, I am not one of those that always believe "hum athletics must not have thought about this." I am sure that there is a good reason why we don't outside of the NCAA guidelines. I don't think that the beer sales would help at UT, OU, AM or any other big school that doesn't have attendance problems. However, I think that for us it would definitely help to bring people in from the parking lot. I agree with Emitt on the personal responsibility part.

Tulsa will NOT be selling beer inside the stadium. Last weeks announcement of beer sales inside the stadium has caused such controversey that school officials have now pulled the beer sales. They said that the subject has caused too much distraction for Coach Kragthorpe, the team and the game. Alcohol will now be sold outside the stadium during pregame festivities.

DISTURBING BEER NEWS

Yesterday, University scientists released the results of a recent analysis

that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer. Men should take a

concerned look at their beer consumption.

The theory is that beer contains female hormones (hops contain

phytoeostrogens) and that by drinking enough beer, men turn into women. To

test the theory, 100 men were fed 8 pints of beer each within a 1 hour

period. It was then observed that 100% of the test subjects:

1. Gained weight

2. Talked excessively without making sense

3. Became overly emotional

4. Couldn't drive

5. Failed to think rationally

6. Argued over nothing

7. Had to sit down while urinating

8. Refused to apologize when obviously wrong

No further testing was considered necessary.

DISTURBING BEER NEWS

Yesterday, University scientists released the results of a recent analysis

that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer. Men should take a

concerned look at their beer consumption.

The theory is that beer contains female hormones (hops contain

phytoeostrogens) and that by drinking enough beer, men turn into women. To

test the theory, 100 men were fed 8 pints of beer each within a 1 hour

period. It was then observed that 100% of the test subjects:

1. Gained weight

2. Talked excessively without making sense

3. Became overly emotional

4. Couldn't drive

5. Failed to think rationally

6. Argued over nothing

7. Had to sit down while urinating

8. Refused to apologize when obviously wrong

No further testing was considered necessary.

That is absolute greatness!!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giftongue.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifohmy.gif

They should defeneitly consider this even though it will cause major liability. I lived in Vegas for two years after college and attended many UNLV games. IT did not matter if they were playing Notre Dame or North Lake Junior College, the stands were packed since they offered alcohol. They even had hard liquor. OUCH!!

The fact is, if you let there be beer in the stadium, I project about antoehr 7,000 per game in attendance!