STOP PUTTING IT ALL ON JAMARIO

SilverEagle

While watching the 88 NT/UT game, I came away with something totally different than the bad officiating.

I was reminded that North Texas took a team down to Austin that had about three stars on it, and the rest were somewhat above average over-achievers. What North Texas also took down there was an offense that didn't rely on JUST ONE PLAYER! The ball got distributed around to several players, and the UT defense really didn't know where the ball was going next. Texas did know that Scott Davis was the leader and one of the stars, but they were faced with several other weapons that they had to cover.

We have several weapons in our current arsenal and we need to USE THEM ALL.

I'm really getting tired of hearing that "If Jamario doesn't have a big season, or "If Jamario gets hurt" then we're screwed. Jamario is a great running back. But unless our OL gels into something better than the line we had during his freshman year, he is not going to ever have another "freshman year".

What we need more than Jamario having a "great season" is for our offensive scheme to be more like the 1988 offensive scheme.

It was aggressive, flexible, and adjustable. Everyone on offense was having a great time out there playing. And I believe that they were having a great time because everyone was a potential weapon.......actually more than potential.

I don't believe in putting all our football fortunes on the back of one player.

We thought, "If Scott Hall goes down, we're screwed." Hall went down, Smith stepped up.

We thought, "If Cobbs goes down, who's going to fill his shoes?" JT. That's who.

If JT goes down, I don't think we're screwed. I just think it will force us to use the passing game. Since WR might be the deepest position on the team, I think we could absorb the loss. Now we just need someone to throw them the ball. (And convince DD to call pass plays).

I'm not a big fan of Dickey's, but I certainly don't complain about him like I used to. He has shown an ability to adapt to adversity.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a big fan of Dickey's, but I certainly don't complain about him like I used to. He has shown an ability to adapt to adversity.

I believe the showed he can overcome diversity (read diaster) by getting a conference championship out of a team that lost one of its leaders that day before camp started.